Stocks

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23 said:
I am amazed the stock market has held up so good actually. I wonder if people actually learned not to panic sell from 08?

I'm not totally sold this is the bottom. I'm about 40% in on what I had sitting in bonds. The economy slowing down is just now starting to be realized and analized. Every one will be counting there pennies to see how long they can last at this pace.

I wonder how much of the sell off was computer generated?
I am still buying currently.
The government has to turn everyone loose and get the economy going or your money is not going to be worth anything for a long time. The government has two ways to generate income taxes or print it. If people aren't working then a printing we will go.

farmerjan said:
You want to be my "broker" Brute????

You don't need a broker. Absolutely nothing wrong with what you did. I've been on the side lines for a couple of years making a whopping 1.35% . No need to start being greedy at my age. Just be glad you are saving, making a little and losing nothing.

He//, my checking account at the credit union, pays over 2% if I use my debit card 15 times a month for a total of 150.00. I keep the minimum of $5.00 in the savings, and $100 extra to make sure that my ins supplement payment is covered every month, and keep the rest in the checking; and use the debit card for at least the 15/150 minimum.... then I will use cash or write a check sometimes. But I used the debit at Wal-mart for my co-pay of the prescription for 1.25..... because this month I will be hard pressed to get the 15/150 due to not being out much since the surgery. You get .75% if you use it 10 times. Got a couple more days to go to make the 15/150 though. Might have to brave one more trip out, got gas so that counts too on the card.....Not that I have a ton of money sitting around, but it still adds up, so I keep most of what "cash" I have in the cking and use the debit.

TexasBred said:
farmerjan said:
You want to be my "broker" Brute????

You don't need a broker. Absolutely nothing wrong with what you did. I've been on the side lines for a couple of years making a whopping 1.35% . No need to start being greedy at my age. Just be glad you are saving, making a little and losing nothing.

Famous last words... my broker handles that or my tax man handles that :lol:

I'll never forget a few years back a friend of a friend's wife had been hunting around for a steady "career". She had done odd and end retail type stuff and what not. Finally my friend had a crawfish boil at his house and she was there with her husband. She was peddling Edward Jones to any one who would slow down near her. She was a certified EJ investment broker. :shock: I managed stay stay clear of her most the night until we were all in the living/ dining area at the end. She was spouting a bunch of bs and I finally couldnt take it any more.

Hindsight, I should have kept my mouth shut. Her husband was less than thrilled... as was my friend... but it is what it is.

Point of the story is... Jcpenney sales clerk one day and EJ investment broker the next. Is that who you want to invest your whole life saving with? Do your own research and know your own business. With the enet now there is a unlimited amount of knowledge at our finger tips.

Brute 23 said:
Buy what you are going to buy. Numbers are already coming out of Italy and other places that cases are falling day to day.

Disney is not looking bad and they pay a dividend.

Disney is my 2nd biggest holding :cry2:

shaz said:
Brute 23 said:
Buy what you are going to buy. Numbers are already coming out of Italy and other places that cases are falling day to day.

Disney is not looking bad and they pay a dividend.

Disney is my 2nd biggest holding :cry2:

Ouch! It was high. I'm in at like 95 so its fallen since I bought. Hoping it runs back up where it was after all this clears.

Just checked Disney at $95. What about Boeing now down 66% at 1 year performance and if the government is bailing them out (BA now at $132 and yearly high of $399)?

Brute 23 said:
Disney and Amazon making a run. Let's see how long it lasts.

With The Rona numbers stabilizing or falling people are trying to jump in.

I jumped in on MPC already up from couple weeks ago. Figure it will take a year or longer to get back to 75. Not bad return on 20 bucks.

I haven't budged on my buy prices for American Airlines, Carnival Cruise Lines and a hotel company, can't remember their exact name, just the ticker name.

Brute 23 said:
Bestoutwest said:
I haven't budged on my buy prices for American Airlines, Carnival Cruise Lines and a hotel company, can't remember their exact name, just the ticker name.

I bet those will be slow to rebound.

That's my thought, but I've got time. This is for my son's college fund and that's about 8 years out. We'll see, I may not do it if they don't come down much more.

From everything I've heard, GDP will be 25-35% lower than expected in the 2nd quarter. If this is the case, I can't see the Dow doing well in the 2nd quarter at all. I'm pretty sure we're in a dead cat bounce right now.

ccr said:
Just checked Disney at $95. What about Boeing now down 66% at 1 year performance and if the government is bailing them out (BA now at $132 and yearly high of $399)?
I do not like Boeing right now. Maybe if I were younger and had time to just let an investment sit, but they currently have an awful lot of damaged goods they're carrying around . 737 MAX test flight has been put off again and they have to refly their Starliner ISS demo flight they botched a few months ago. Their Space Launch System project is also way behind time and budget and just about everyone except Washington State's congressional delegation thinks the project should be scrapped.
I have a buy order in at $35 for XOM.

I'm a mutual fund guy....tried the stock picking and gave it up years ago. Mutual funds always did better. Funded the IRAs to the extent earned income allowed several weeks ago. Left it in cash for a while till the market had its big bounce. Split it between MGK and MGV.

Well it's looking much better than it did a month ago. I was down to 74 bucks on the 100.
It's back to 86 on the 100.
I figure it will be a year or more before the other 14 bucks return.

Caustic Burno said:
Well it's looking much better than it did a month ago. I was down to 74 bucks on the 100.

I was reading an article today that was suggesting we haven't bottomed out yet. We have 17M filing for unemployment, and it's growing every week. Half of those folks don't have money. I'm not sure how they'll buy anything or pay their bills.

Bestoutwest said:
Caustic Burno said:

I was reading an article today that was suggesting we haven't bottomed out yet. We have 17M filing for unemployment, and it's growing every week. Half of those folks don't have money. I'm not sure how they'll buy anything or pay their bills.

I often wonder how much a role China plays in the financial markets and media. They are the master manipulator and have been for centuries. Not many countries they don't have a finger in with Huawei.

Latest posts