stock trailer tire help

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I need to put a set of 4 tires on my 24' aluminum stock trailer. Has anyone had any experience with prometer tires? 235/85/16. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated

I was spooking around the net and E Trailer has some F range 16 inch trailer tires for a fair price.

John SD":3pxkgerl said:
I'd put on the heaviest rated tire I could find and pay the price.

Flat tires on loaded trailers are right up at the top of my list of unfavorite things :2cents:

I hate flats and having a load of cattle moving around while jacking up a trailer is not on my list of things I want to do.

I'm a little leery of the 14 plys and ranch roads. They are so hard that it causes the trailer to bounce and the trailer takes the brunt of every little bump vs the tire absorbing some. This was on a single axle 14 ft aluminum trailer though. With multiple axles, it may not be as bad. Hankooks have been good. They are pricey but hold up well. Buddy in construction has switched all their trailers to 14 ply Hankooks. They stay on pavement so the bouncing is not so bad.

Jbonnot03":83ayc2kw said:
I'm a little leery of the 14 plys and ranch roads. They are so hard that it causes the trailer to bounce and the trailer takes the brunt of every little bump vs the tire absorbing some. This was on a single axle 14 ft aluminum trailer though. With multiple axles, it may not be as bad. Hankooks have been good. They are pricey but hold up well. Buddy in construction has switched all their trailers to 14 ply Hankooks. They stay on pavement so the bouncing is not so bad.

Any single axle trailer esp an alum one that lite is going to bounce. It's not the tires.

Latest posts