Stihl Chainsaw Question

Help Support CattleToday:

To put a thrown chain back on the bar. With the saw standing on the pistol grip, I first get the drivers back in the sprocket. I have the chain on the motor side of the bar. Next start the chain going around the tip. I do this from what would be the top side of the bar. The drivers are not inside the rails. I put my knee on the side of the bar and bend it towards me and at the same time roll the chain around the tip. Once it is around the tip I just snap the chain into the rails. Generally I do the top first as the the bottom will come back in when you start the saw. The fact that we generally used 36 inch bars probably makes this easier. I have done this with a 24 inch bar but that is the shortest bar I have ever owned. Wear gloves because this is a good way the cut your hands.
Dun, if you bur up the drivers when you toss a chain you must have an old paddle wheel sprocket. I didn't even know they made them any more. The floating sprockets have a small slot for the drivers to run in. It would be very difficult for the drivers to get into there to get burred up.
Bez, the 2100's were light at that time. I went to them from 075 Stihl which I think were a couple of pounds heavier. And I have cut a few with an 090 Stihl with a 54 inch bar. Now packing that thing around all day will make a man out of you.

Latest posts