Starting from scratch

Help Support CattleToday:

chippie":2c1znlz5 said:
She is very pretty. If you want to find a youth to show her, contact your County Extension Office and talk to the 4H Agent, and contact area High Schools that have a FFA Chapter. Talk to the Ag teachers.

Good luck with her. I hope that when the time comes, she will carry a calf. Unfortunately sometimes you get a dud in the breeding department. Been there, done that with show heifers
depressed.gif

Thank you for the complimant. I hope she breeds to but I have a feeling that the breeders of her would make right on it since we discussed my plans prior to the sale and they said that she comes from very furtile females. They even called to see how she has settled in. I do know that she is cycling regularly. I have had her long enough and watched for two heat cycles.
Im sorry you have had bad experiance with non breeders. I hope to not have to deal with that but I think it is part of livestock.
We have bougth hogs as breeders and they didn't breed and the breeder didn't make right on it.
Thanks again for the advice.
Double R

You mentioned putting embryos in your CULL cows... I would recommend putting the embryos in cows that raise good calves... If you put an embryo out of a great cow in a cull cow you will more than likely get a cull calf.... We put embryos in our best non pedigreed cows.... The ET stuff is very expensive and always do everything 100%... GOOD LUCK

Latest posts