Starting Again

Help Support CattleToday:

C'mon people. Get off her/his case about the bar.
There are bars and then there are bars. Not all the same and we don't know what kind this one is.
Some of the most enjoyable and peaceful times of my life have been relaxing and conversing with people in a bar.
Bars where trouble maker hang out I avoid (usually :) ). Figure I got no business there.

Go back and read Double E's comments. Is he also not supposed to go to the post office, feed store, where ever?
This guy has also caused a problem at the fair. We don't know enough to blame it on his going to the bar.

PS. for Ali. I may have been in a bar once or twice, but I don't think that qualifies me as a bar fly. :lol:

I luv herfrds":1y6bblwh said:
Ryder what happened is hubby was in the bar; they were having a taco burrito feed; and hubby was sitting with a couple we know. This guys brother started saying stuff to him trying to get a rise out of him. hubby was ignoring him. the guy was walking up behind him in the food line saying stuff and hubby finally told him to buzz off. the guy grabbed him by the front of his shirt and shook him like a rag doll. Hubby knows better then to throw the first punch. Since he couldn't get him to punch him the guy reached down and grabbed hubby on his side. Left a bruise about 4 inches by 4 inches. Other people stepped in and told this guy to go cool off. He was finally asked to leave the bar.
This guy was doing this in front of his kids!
he tried to pick a fight with hubby at the demo derby at the fair later that year. He was saying alot of nasty things to him. a friend of ours was always with hubby each time he had to go to the bathroom or to get the kids a pop. again this guy was doing it in front of his young kids.
Guys wife is not much better. She got up at a different time for karaokue and sang a really rude song and put hubby's name in it.
these are not nice people. He is also a known wife beater.

CP hubby was drinking pretty heavy after burying both his folks within 13 months. I set my foot down and told him to pick; the bottle or his family. To prove it he had to go a month without a single drink. He did it. told him i will not live with an alcoholic and if he got that bad again there would be no second chance we would just be gone. He knows this.
I see nothing wrong with going to the bar once a week to just sit and visit. i used to do it, but I always kept my limit at 3 drinks a night.

highgrit he has a tire iron hidden close at hand in his truck. It is illeagal to have a loaded wepon in a bar. We had a guy murdered thanks to a drunk with a bad temper and a loaded weapon.

OME we are building a wet bar in our new house.

If he grabbed him like that in front of witnesses that is assault. Why were there no charges filed. Why have you not sought out a restraining order. Sounds like your husband has two choices. Either use the law or kick his a$$.

I may have to pay later but if I can help it no body is gonna get the first punch on me. I have seen it happen that the first punch was the only one.I just can't see a man letting another get by with what this man is doing to your husband.
But what do I know maybe he's the better man to restrain himself.

Cal

Appears to be more than enough accounts with witnesses to validate testimony for more than just a restraining order.

A responsible establishment owner should have already done this. If it happens again I would go after the establishment owner and other responsible parties with no mercy.

If your Hubby kicks his A$$, this clown will be the first one in line to use the law against Hubby. Even if Hubby is innocent it could cost you money.

As 3-way stated, he may need to decide between going or staying away. It's an unfortunate reality.
Bear

ILH since you asked I will give you a little insight into human nature. All people are governed by two principals.

Moving towards!
They move towards pleasure!

Moving away!
They move away from pain!

Those two principals govern every moment of our lives!

Make a plan based on those principals and you will be able to prevail..............

Thanks Ryder.

3way we reported that incident. The guy came in and at first denied it but the witnesses said he did it. So he went up in front of the judge and was fined $235 and given a 6 month defered sentence.
That is where this new threat came from when this guys brother said he was going to take the $200 out of hubby's azz.
I already asked about a restraining order and was told that we could not get one. Which toltaly sucked then and I know will suck now.

Going in today to do the report of the threat. The deputy I talked to said that if this guy or his brother start stuff again and they get into a punching match with hubby at least there is a paper trail that there has been harassment done by them. That will show hubby has the right to physically defend himself if need be.
Crossing every T and dotting every I.

3waycross":3kj48bf5 said:
ILH since you asked I will give you a little insight into human nature. All people are governed by two principals.

Moving towards!

Moving away!

Make a plan based on those principals and you will be able to prevail..............

Ok, Socrates, so how do you deal with women considering they intell both. :???: :lol:

hey ILH how tall is your hubby.i know people pick fights with others.but i cant wrapp mind mind around why it hasnt exploded between the 2 of them yet.from the sound of it your hubby must have 1 long fuse.

Isomade":nn5zl17b said:
3waycross":nn5zl17b said:

Moving towards!

Moving away!

Ok, Socrates, so how do you deal with women considering they intell both. :???: :lol:
my cousin never would buy that philosophy.... most of the time he was the source of the pain

BB he has always worried that if he ever gave his temper full rein he would do something he would regret for the rest of his life. He only stand 5'10. these bullies are over 6' tall.

JSCATTLE":2tfi3c9j said:
They allow kids in bars where your from ?

Yep, they allow kids in bars in Montana. They can't drink but they sure come in and sit.

I luv herfrds":2tfi3c9j said:
He only stand 5'10

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog. Years ago I traveled with a world champion bull rider. He was about 5' 6". I saw him whip several guys well over 6' tall.

Ryder":z6kvhbe6 said:
PS. for Ali. I may have been in a bar once or twice, but I don't think that qualifies me as a bar fly. :lol:
Try telling me another :roll:. Indeed, a bar fly counselor at that! :shock: .

Read about a guy who spent a good bit of time and money in bars. Just so happened that he cashed in at one of his favorite places of entertainment at the hand of another.
His wife was so moved that she had,"HE LIVED LIKE A DOG AND HE DIED LIKE A DOG" inscribed on his tombstone.

Too bad Judge Judy wasn't in the bar. It could have all been settled right then and there. This is sounding more and more like some of that facebook shyt I hear about.

ILH, just have Iso accompany your husband to the bar one day. When the guy starts up, have Iso drop trow and show off that thong he's been bragging on. Bad guy will die laughing and problem will be solved

i knew there had tobe some big guys involved in this deal.but i didnt know who they was.an yes your hubby is smart by holding his temper.because he is the only 1 who knows what he really might do if he gets pushed to far.an your hubby is good size at 5`10.

When someone puts their hands on you and you don't fight back, you're a ..... When someone puts their hands on you they have crossed the line.

highgrit":3ik62cf5 said:
When someone puts their hands on you and you don't fight back, you're a ..... When someone puts their hands on you they have crossed the line.
Not always true. Smart man knows when to hold his tongue and his blows. And also when to give em

ok guys the smart man knows when to fight an when to walk away.but this is a bad deal from the word go.he should always have friends with him in case they run into eachother.

Latest posts