terrace work ( AGAIN)

Help Support CattleToday:

JHH":28i8uqdi said:
Jake":28i8uqdi said:
What is the natural flow of the water?

That's just it. it was pooling on them so they put a riser in and now it will drain on me.

Depending on how the water laws work in your state it is their right to allow the water natural course if your ground is lower than theirs. I would say you are better off talking with them and figuring out how to route the water the through a tile line that discharges it in an appropriate manner.

Common law says that if they have no outlet on their land, they are not allowed to drain onto yours. You are within your rights to construct a berm on your land and flood their own land with their own water. But check with lawyer just to verify.

Jake":3feimd9o said:
JHH":3feimd9o said:
Jake":3feimd9o said:
What is the natural flow of the water?

That's just it. it was pooling on them so they put a riser in and now it will drain on me.

Depending on how the water laws work in your state it is their right to allow the water natural course if your ground is lower than theirs. I would say you are better off talking with them and figuring out how to route the water the through a tile line that discharges it in an appropriate manner.

Yes my ground is lower but my ditch will get bigger now since they done this. I am talking with guy tonight to see if we can put an elbow in and route it on down farther where it wont cause as much damage to my hay field.

Is farming 4-8 more rows that profitable? I think the government has way to many loop holes.

Update. neighbor wants to come talk with me after I called and ask him ( polightly ) what was going on. I will let you know how it works out.

JHH":temam2a1 said:
Tired of this .

Is there a law that says your neighbor cant dump water on you? Now its happening again. This time its the other neighbor.

For those that don't know here is link to other thread that happed a few yrs ago.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87631&p=1075190&hilit=terrace#p1075190

For his water to run over you has to be lower ground.
No matter how mad or important you are. You can't stop water from going down hill.
I own the bottom up the hill the problem is the grade is uphill past my property line for 2 miles.
Every gallon that doesn't soak in runs over me, I have terraces and ditches for drainage all over.
This year is not the greatest for me but I smiled a lot more than my neighbors in the drought.

Caustic Burno":vhx6i5sg said:
JHH":vhx6i5sg said:
Tired of this .

Is there a law that says your neighbor cant dump water on you? Now its happening again. This time its the other neighbor.

For those that don't know here is link to other thread that happed a few yrs ago.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87631&p=1075190&hilit=terrace#p1075190

For his water to run over you has to be lower ground.
No matter how mad or important you are. You can't stop water from going down hill.
I own the bottom up the hill the problem is the grade is uphill past my property line for 2 miles.
Every gallon that doesn't soak in runs over me, I have terraces and ditches for drainage all over.
This year is not the greatest for me but I smiled a lot more than my neighbors in the drought.

I guess you would have to see pics. I understand water runs down hill. What I am saying is this water would have been pooling on him because he had a low spot so now he has tiled his low spot and tilled up (MY GROUND) WITH NO EASEMENT. That would be like me drilling a well on his ground just do it and ask forgiveness later. I will get pics.

Here is a goggle map from 2012. The red line is where he tiled ground. I own to left of line. That horse shoe is all hay ground now and that brush is mine.

Latest posts