Starting Again

Help Support CattleToday:

the shame is that your hubby dont feel like he can go anywhere without having to watch his back.i hate to say it but it could end badly for some1.but i truely hope not.

Don't get mad, get even. They need a message that tells them that they are biting off more than they can chew. I think a series of unfortunate "accidents" might be effective

melking":3t2lltlp said:
Don't get mad, get even. They need a message that tells them that they are biting off more than they can chew. I think a series of unfortunate "accidents" might be effective
something like that happened around here with 2 old men.an it rocked on for 2 or 3yrs with both of them carring guns with them.an everytime they saw eachother it was trouble.well 1 day 1 of them had enough,an shot an killed the other after they had words.

ALACOWMAN":3tcfc5t8 said:
i guess i look at things different,, if i choose to go to a bar, then im free to do so... without the fear of someone thats got it in for me. there, or i meet him on the street, aint gonna live in fear....

I am the same way. Someone threatens me, they will have their oppurtunity right then and there. No time like the present. And I will make it very clear that they can jump right in if they feel froggy.

On the other hand I rarely go to bars anymore and when I stopped going it sure cut down on the amount of times I had to stand up to idiots.

I luv herfrds":1z4g61xo said:
melking if he had known they were there he would have never gone inside. There are 7 bars in town and they normally go to this one on the corner not the one they were in last night.

So since this crap has started up again with these slimy people any other suggestions on dealing with them?

How big is that town ? :shock:

We stopped building bars in the small towns here because all they are really good for are the jobless and barfly's . Instead we build more liquor stores so you can choose who you get drunk with. :lol:

Well, for starters your hubby needs to be armed and ready to defend himself. Bars = trouble, and if your drinking it only gets worse. My advice is to just stay clear of him. Some one's going to get messed up, and I hope its not your hubby. I guess just walking up to him and throat punching him won't work?? Good luck and be prepared for the worst.

Sounds like chances are plenty of people are having trouble with these people, let someone else fix him up!
Make the report with the police as would said you were thinking about doing.
Get hubby to setup his own bar at home, then he can drink with whoever he chooses too. Anyone who turns up without an invite is trespassing and can be dealt with accordingly.

Last thing he needs to do is carry a weapon while drinking. Not to mention that In all states it's illegal to carry a ccw into a bar unless your on duty Leo or the proprietor or an employee with biz owners permission.

hooknline"[u:3k1fxv4x said:
]Last thing he needs to do is carry a weapon while drinking[/u]. Not to mention that In all states it's illegal to carry a ccw into a bar unless your on duty Leo or the proprietor or an employee with biz owners permission.
i know i sure as he#$ dont need one :cowboy:

I, we, are not there and don't know the people nor the culture. Reading about it is not the same as 'knowing' it.

I hate to say this, but to just let it slide just empowers a bully. He knows he has found a victim to bully and build his ego if and whenever he wants to beat his chest.
But if there is any type of confrontation it should be at a time and place of your husband's choosing.
If at all possible, always have an edge.

If I may ask, what was the nature of the assault you mentioned? Was your husband injured?

I have been exposed to and involved in more of these things than I care to remember. Very unpleasent and can really wear on your nerves.
The main thing is to not let them 'get to you'.
If they get to you or if you let your anger and resentment build up, then you will be afraid.
Look at them as a lower life form and yourself as a superior person. If you can do this without emotion and without resentment, then the monkey is on their back, not yours.
Understand?

Avoiding them in a bar is great, and Hook is absolutely right about a gun in a bar, this could go bad for your husband. But what about the grocery store, post office, feed store, or wherever else you might encounter these folks. Most phones have a recorder, and this would be a deterrent, even if it is a bluff. Pull it out of your pocket and announce that it is being recorded, and this might de-escalate the situation. Just a suggestion for a less confrontive way to handle the situation. Bottom line is to take care of yourself. Sorry you have to deal with this. I have seen it personally, and handled it professionally. Most times, it quits being fun after a while, I hope this is the case for you

3waycross":meizfnof said:
ILH you may not like this answer but I will tell you for a fact. When I quit going to the Bars(especially at night) my "trouble" index went down to almost zero.

Just my :2cents:
Glad I began reading from the first page. This was going to be my comment as well. Go home and have a drink with you wife and stay away from bars and bar flies.

Stop making excuses as to why your hubby needs to be in a bar. I'm a border-line alcoholic and I see an average of about ten people a week(most of whom I barely say "goodmornin'" to as I stomp past) and I'm constantly out of beer at home and yet I NEVER have the urge to go to the bar. I consider it to be a really great week if I don't have to deal with anyone except my wife and kids and a handfull of people at work.
Remember, wild turkey is pretty easy to get ahold of. It doesn't require a special liscence to buy outside of a bar. He can most likely buy some and bring it home to enjoy without all the drama around his wife and kids. :D
Tell him to come hang out on here if he "needs" interaction and take whatever steps you have to to make it happy for him to be at home instead...
If he's still telling you why he "has" to go to the bar, dump his sorry azz and get someone who get's it.
My apologies if that hurts your feelings but it has to come from somewhere.
Best of luck.

In my experience turning the other cheek has never stopped a bully . I wouldn't go lookin for trouble but I wouldn't hide from it either . When I was a kid I was picked on for wearing glasses and being poor. My dad told me to stand up for my self but I was scared . One day the guy that bullied me pushed me down tearing the only good pair of pants I had . That was enough I hit him . He whooped me 3 times in four days . The last time he wouldn't fight me and he told me I was the toughest guy he ever fought . After that when someone threatens me I settle it then and there . Win some lose some but I won't walk around lOokin over my shoulder .

cow pollinater":3g5wvxpw said:
Stop making excuses as to why your hubby needs to be in a bar. I'm a border-line alcoholic and I see an average of about ten people a week(most of whom I barely say "goodmornin'" to as I stomp past) and I'm constantly out of beer at home and yet I NEVER have the urge to go to the bar. I consider it to be a really great week if I don't have to deal with anyone except my wife and kids and a handfull of people at work.
Remember, wild turkey is pretty easy to get ahold of. It doesn't require a special liscence to buy outside of a bar. He can most likely buy some and bring it home to enjoy without all the drama around his wife and kids. :D
Tell him to come hang out on here if he "needs" interaction and take whatever steps you have to to make it happy for him to be at home instead...
If he's still telling you why he "has" to go to the bar, dump his sorry azz and get someone who get's it.
My apologies if that hurts your feelings but it has to come from somewhere.
Best of luck.

In other words are you suggesting that she needs to hire a wino to decerate her home? :lol: :lol:

Cal

It is really a shame that a guy can't stop by the local bar and have a drink or two with his friends.
But ther's always that one who shows up with that courage from a bottle and ruins your night.
I learned a long time ago that not all but the biggest part of your bar room buddies are buddies when you're buying the beer.
I do like my once in a while shot of jim beam and my good cold bud light but I can get both right here at home and don't have to put up with crap at the local bar.
And by the way I don't have to drive far to replenish my supply anymore either. Montague county Tx. got voted in a wet county. :lol: :lol:

Cal

Ryder what happened is hubby was in the bar; they were having a taco burrito feed; and hubby was sitting with a couple we know. This guys brother started saying stuff to him trying to get a rise out of him. hubby was ignoring him. the guy was walking up behind him in the food line saying stuff and hubby finally told him to buzz off. the guy grabbed him by the front of his shirt and shook him like a rag doll. Hubby knows better then to throw the first punch. Since he couldn't get him to punch him the guy reached down and grabbed hubby on his side. Left a bruise about 4 inches by 4 inches. Other people stepped in and told this guy to go cool off. He was finally asked to leave the bar.
This guy was doing this in front of his kids!
he tried to pick a fight with hubby at the demo derby at the fair later that year. He was saying alot of nasty things to him. a friend of ours was always with hubby each time he had to go to the bathroom or to get the kids a pop. again this guy was doing it in front of his young kids.
Guys wife is not much better. She got up at a different time for karaokue and sang a really rude song and put hubby's name in it.
these are not nice people. He is also a known wife beater.

CP hubby was drinking pretty heavy after burying both his folks within 13 months. I set my foot down and told him to pick; the bottle or his family. To prove it he had to go a month without a single drink. He did it. told him i will not live with an alcoholic and if he got that bad again there would be no second chance we would just be gone. He knows this.
I see nothing wrong with going to the bar once a week to just sit and visit. i used to do it, but I always kept my limit at 3 drinks a night.

highgrit he has a tire iron hidden close at hand in his truck. It is illeagal to have a loaded wepon in a bar. We had a guy murdered thanks to a drunk with a bad temper and a loaded weapon.

OME we are building a wet bar in our new house.

Latest posts