Starter on Case

Help Support CattleToday:

Train

Reaction score
Does anyone out there know what the purpose the bolt on the end of this starter is? Starter just quit working all of a sudden. Selenoid clicks but the starter won't turn at all. This bolt gets hot immediatly if you hold the key for just one second. The bloody things is only a couple of years old ( just past warranty) and it's hardly done any work at all as the tractor has always started right up. Talked to a couple auto mechanics and they don't know what it does. Parts guy and mechanic at the DEALERSHIP don't know either.

SSPX0040.jpg

You might post your question over at ytmag.com on the case board I bet they could help you

looks like maybe a ground that melted..........so probably not a good thing. You could pull it off and see if the gear is jammed.

Yup, it's probably NOT a good thing. :lol: I'll take it of today and see it something is jammed. It's gotta come off anyway one way or another. Brad, are you suggesting it might be some kind of a ground lug? If it is it's defenitley found power. That little piece of crud behind the nut used to be a lock washer I believe. Anyway, it's off to the ytmag site. Thanks guys.

Latest posts