Start-up's

Help Support CattleToday:

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, CB is not dumb, but if you will look near the bottom, on page 3 the second post he made. { Maybe I can't read, I'm sure not the sharpest tool in the shed, I will say.} You have some great ideas, which I think most anybody can figure out as far as saving money, or not loosing money. but does it not state this. : Now after subtracting the upkeep on 30 cows st $12000 I still need 400 bales costing me $12000 that leaves me $6000 in the hole after the sale of my 30 calves. Baling my own hay cost me $8000 dollars.: Now If I misquoted you, I'm sorry, I don't think I did. The proof is in the pudding, page 3. But u said upkeep on 30 cows, and after selling 30 calves, well why in the hell do u need 400 bales of hay. n you only feed 2 or 3 months, down south. I think someone else didn't see how that was also, maybe they just didn't see what I did. Or maybe I didn't see it. but all of you who seem to love the holy writings or however they may be branded, see if you can read, and or not understand, If I'm wrong, show me. I have been before, n I'm sure I will be again. I didn't write it, only tried to read it, maybe thats it I can read reading, just can't read writing. Have a good day.

tryinhard

I think I can feed thirty mamma cows with maybe 120 bales of hay. maybe less, but I don't need 400.

tryinhard":2zgcen0o said:
I think I can feed thirty mamma cows with maybe 120 bales of hay. maybe less, but I don't need 400.

How many acres do you have in hay field? Lets pretend 40.
Here that will run 30 mamma cows lets assume and we all know what that does you get 30 calfs. The 30 calfs average 600 dollars a piece at the sale barn for a net of 18,000 dollars, you have 100 head of cattle and need 300 rolls of hay for the winter at 30 dollars a roll at a cost of 9000 dollars or even 400 rolls at 12,000 dollars. You still netted, 9000 to 6000 dollars and didn't have the first piece of equipment to maintain. Now we all know that this doesn't count the cost to maintain the cow.

Read real slow or stick to the dogs.

In his example, CB already had 100 head of cattle before he came into the additional 40 acres of land.

Well why is it that he only maintains 30, in the configuration, and only sells 30 calves? I'm sure I would put a pencil to it many ways also. n Yes I did read the part { pretend }. But in the figuring , it was for the 100 cows, I would think, but it goes back to the thirty, for upkeep, and sales of only thirty calves. Keep on, man, maybe you need an idol, but I would think Ray Charles could see what I am talking about, and what he posted. 30 cows, only sells 30 calves, when figuring the 400 bales of hay. I would probably have the same attitude as him if I fed 400 bales to 30 cows, n only produced 30 calves. It don't matter, if you can't figure what I have tried to show you, or not. But for someone to be so much against the beginners, n post,a while back {SHAME} Why post on the beginners, board, throwing rocks if someone has a cowboy hat, or a bigger truck, That is that person's business. If it causes a problem, maybe they can see how to figure it out. Everyone has made mistakes, I'm sure/well all but one person, I guess. This board is to help people with problems which arise on the farm, Many people look at it like that anyway, and Most of us need some advise sometimes, when a problem occours that we may not be very knowlegable of. N yes Mr. CB you are more man than I am, which I'm sure you already know.Ijustposted foryour ego. I have very limited leg movement, 3 ruptured disks but I still try to do whatever I can, n it is not against the law to try.. I also have a $6,000 dollar wheel chair, I recon that will hurt the cattle business on this end, may need to insure it, n burn it cause that is hurting the profit margin on the cattle, or hay consumers. I come to the beginners board for I don't feel like I need to be on the board with the ones who know everything, I have learned much from this board, have learned much from not knowing, but still trying also. When you laid out the farm plan for the haying, What about the computer, is that not a waist of money, does that not cut into the profit, and keep you from working your business somewhat with all the posts you put on here. That should very time consuming. Everyone has a burr, or thier head in their butt, that don't totally agree with everything about your post. God is the only one I fear. I think you know how to run your operation, and probably very well, but Plan A doesn't work for everyone. Oh, n some people buy big belt buckles, Now there is something else you can raise cane about. If you haven't thought about it. Enjoyed it. Hope you all have a great day, week, n Christmas. God Bless.

tryinhard

tryinhard":2djs850l said:
Well why is it that he only maintains 30, in the configuration, and only sells 30 calves? I'm sure I would put a pencil to it many ways also. n Yes I did read the part { pretend }. But in the figuring , it was for the 100 cows, I would think, but it goes back to the thirty, for upkeep, and sales of only thirty calves. Keep on, man, maybe you need an idol, but I would think Ray Charles could see what I am talking about, and what he posted. 30 cows, only sells 30 calves, when figuring the 400 bales of hay. I would probably have the same attitude as him if I fed 400 bales to 30 cows, n only produced 30 calves. It don't matter, if you can't figure what I have tried to show you, or not. But for someone to be so much against the beginners, n post,a while back {SHAME} Why post on the beginners, board, throwing rocks if someone has a cowboy hat, or a bigger truck, That is that person's business. If it causes a problem, maybe they can see how to figure it out. Everyone has made mistakes, I'm sure/well all but one person, I guess. This board is to help people with problems which arise on the farm, Many people look at it like that anyway, and Most of us need some advise sometimes, when a problem occours that we may not be very knowlegable of. N yes Mr. CB you are more man than I am, which I'm sure you already know.Ijustposted foryour ego. I have very limited leg movement, 3 ruptured disks but I still try to do whatever I can, n it is not against the law to try.. I also have a $6,000 dollar wheel chair, I recon that will hurt the cattle business on this end, may need to insure it, n burn it cause that is hurting the profit margin on the cattle, or hay consumers. I come to the beginners board for I don't feel like I need to be on the board with the ones who know everything, I have learned much from this board, have learned much from not knowing, but still trying also. When you laid out the farm plan for the haying, What about the computer, is that not a waist of money, does that not cut into the profit, and keep you from working your business somewhat with all the posts you put on here. That should very time consuming. Everyone has a burr, or thier head in their butt, that don't totally agree with everything about your post. God is the only one I fear. I think you know how to run your operation, and probably very well, but Plan A doesn't work for everyone. Oh, n some people buy big belt buckles, Now there is something else you can raise cane about. If you haven't thought about it. Enjoyed it. Hope you all have a great day, week, n Christmas. God Bless.

tryinhard

Now you want a pity party everyone has there problems that has nothing to do with you understanding or lack of the cattle business. You put your dog in this hunt and now he can't hunt you are hollering calf rope.
What part of converting your hay field can you not understand.
If you don't grow the hay you can run more cows what part of that do you not understand.
What part of growing your own hay is not free and comes with a high cost.
What part of you have an additonal 40 acres to run cows on do you not understand.
Do you even have a cow?

Caustic Burno":2tzx45yx said:
cypressfarms":2tzx45yx said:
Got a new job so I don't get on the boards as much anymore, but I loved to see this thread.

If you are a newbie, Caustic's advice/post is dead on.

Each farm has unique circumstances, however.

2007 will be the first year I make hay. About 120 acres of land adjacent to mine that is mine to lease Jan1. The fences are non-existant so I will hay it.

One thing I would like to point out to everyone, even though it seems obvious:

You cannot control the price that cattle will be, but you can control your costs. Reducing your costs is the same as increasing your revenue, but better. A good thing to think about before buying that $60,000 John Deere.

Now thats a god plan on haying the leased land and graze all yours.

If it works out right, A local guy will bale the hay for me on the half.(He will bale it and take half the bales) That way I have no baling cost, but hay. 120 acres is more than enough acreage to make hay for me with extra. All I will really need to do is fertilize the land and keep it up.

You are right, I don't have any cows anymore, I don't need a pitty party from you or nobody. Now you are up with a dog, where does that come from? Just trying to find more rocks to throw, I ain't hollerin calf rope. Go ahead, with your deal that belittles everyone but yourself. You are not God, not a hero, I don't want anyone feelin sorry for me. Just wanted that layin out on the table, cause you want to say I don't have this or that. I have been there. Just because I can't today, don't take away from my intrests, or from what I have learned. In my day, which are gone now, n Please no pitty. I bet I have done more than you could do, in many different fields of work, but it didn't make me more than any or everyone else, like it does someone! Your own insecurities are eating your ass alive. Face it. If you weren't lacking you wouldn't belittle so many on here. Look at the post you have made. How many were honestly intended to help someone, without cutting them down, to some degree. It's sad to say it but you have so many on this board, who seem to think that because you know how to feed your cows, and cut your own hay, { No different than most }, You are an idol. That is sad. I'm really sorry that I even noticed the error, or {my error}. I'll just stop reading the posts that you put on here, because it depresses me to see a grown man act like you do. I can read what I want. Sure of that. So you won't have to get mad at me anymore, for pointing out that maybe the best five years of your life was the first grade.

tryinhard

By popular request

Mod1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts