Starlight star bright...

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Star Light Star bright,
The first star I see tonight,
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the 80 rolls of hay.

Yep, from the looks of things it looks like I'm going to be 80 rolls short for some reason. :bang:

Jogee, if we lived a little closer I would give you all the hay you needed to finish out the season. Had good hay last year and it looks like I'm going to have about 150 left over. Cows are already starting to leave the hay and eat the green stuff coming up. Glad to see the green grass squirts this year.

Jo... I feel your pain! We had to buy hay ourselves this year to get us through. We got hit pretty hard with dry conditions last year and our hay production was down about 30%.

Hoping for a better season this year!!

Brian

It sucks doesn't it? Brian, the good thing with you is you can blame it on the drought and I have no one but myself to blame - and those chinese matches that didn't have a proper warning label on them warning they could burn hay. :oops: :lol2:

I've watched the supply shrink every day. We have plenty of water but this cold snap has sent everything backwards. Snow last Saturday. :???:

On a good note, word has gotten out about my carelessness with matches and I have had several people call me to rub my nose in the mud a bit. After a good ribbing, all but one has offered to fill my hay needs and one even told me not to worry about the money and just replace what I take with my hay when I cut some. Can't ask for better friends than that.

Great news Jo!

Makes you think that all is not lost in humanity!! There are good people and neighbors everywhere! Best of luck to you... and stay away from things that can burn you!! :lol2:

Brian

Jogeephus":bvwycvzi said:
Thanks Lava. Just a tip, don't be playing with matches around your hay reserve. :lol2:

Yes sir. Been there, done that. Kids playing with fire works burned up about 60 bales a few years back. Had two rows stacked in the field ready to move and they were playing between the rows. It went up like a bomb and we count ourselves really lucky neither were burned.

Hope you didn't get hurt other than losing a little face.

Jogeephus":2yu8fi2c said:
Yep, from the looks of things it looks like I'm going to be 80 rolls short for some reason. :bang:
How's the overall hay situation up there, are you going to be able to find some when you need it?

alisonb":1ntls6po said:
Glad you came right Jo, good on your pals.

BTW - Were you playing with crackers or dynamite :p

Naw, firecrackers are illegal here in Georgia. I was burning the woods off. Had the hay spot buffered and plowed around but somewhow a spark got in it and it was a tinderbox. I kindof thought it might but I didn't see how it could but as we know fire is as sneaky as a snake.

Hook all the hay guys are out of hay.

Jogeephus":20iquftp said:
On a good note, word has gotten out about my carelessness with matches and I have had several people call me to rub my nose in the mud a bit. After a good ribbing, all but one has offered to fill my hay needs and one even told me not to worry about the money and just replace what I take with my hay when I cut some. Can't ask for better friends than that.

Thanks but no thanks. I have it sorted. Besides, I seen your hay. ;-) :lol2:

You do know that if you wanted to save on 2012 taxes you shoulda burned it earlier dont ya

Latest posts