stall display/dividers

Help Support CattleToday:

tobytonya

Reaction score
Has anyone seen stall display/dividers made out of wood? Something like Sullivans sells, but made from wood, not metal. If you've seen some or you've made some how were they put together-2X4 or 4X4's, plywood or OSB, ETC...
Thought it would be easier to make from wood, since I don't have a wire welder. Any suggestion? Anyone looking to sell their old stall display?

I should have read your post a few days ago. I just sold my steel stall bought an aluminum one. my steel one was only 2 years old and I got $300 for it, it was a full cage one.

I made a set out of 2x2's and hog panels.They lasted over 10 years,I rebuild them out of 1" square tubing and the same hog panels.
I made them with the same angle and look as the sullivan panels then painted them,hog panels and all. They looked good enough for my kids to win Herdsmanship a time or two. If you need a drawing of them I can try and send you one.

I was just saying that I needed some dividers and was thinking about making them out of wood. I would like to see any plans that I could get an idea off of.

I am in the middle of my 4-H fair and there are a few there made out of wood. It can be done, and you can paint your farm name on it. I will try to get pictures of them before the week is over. It doesn't look like they'd be too hard to make.

Thanks for the replies. I think I will try HTRC plan since I have hog panels laying around. I priced everything and it will cost me under $90 to make 4 panels using treated lumber and metal brackets for the corners. If I would have used steel it was going to cost $370-foot of steel tubing was $2.21-I can buy an 8 foot 2X4 for that price. If anyone would like pictures of the panels, let me know. I can take some when I'm done.

Does anyone have pics of homemade dividers they are willing to share? I have measurements and have seen commercial type ones but am trying to save a few bucks and make them. Thanks

Latest posts