Display.

Help Support CattleToday:

Do you mean a display for going next to your cattle and promoting your stud etc?

When I was showing steers we used to go all out with displays, but I dont do it much anymore. With the steers we used to put before and after photos, so the first photo was when they first went on to feed, and the after photo is taken just before the show with them clipped and washed and grown out. And in between the two photos we used to put a graph showing their weight gain over the period on feed, and their average daily weight gain, because we used to weigh every week.

Other than that, we also put some photos of previous animals who had won champions etc., photos of us when we'd won handlers competitions, also had a section with just information about us and a map showing where we were located. And also just a few fun photos mucking around with the cattle.

With breeding cattle, I generally just do a bit of a showcase, with some photos of females, photos of the herdsires and photos of the show team, and what the stud has won previously, plus the usual info and map.

Keren":vy71hkv8 said:
Do you mean a display for going next to your cattle and promoting your stud etc?

Yes.
We decided for our decorations, we'd just make a small scrapbook of some of the breeding stock, past show animals, etc. With some pictures of us just messing around with the animals also.
But want to do a display board for part of the herdsmanship points, but couldn't come up with something to do it on.

I'm trying to get a better grasp of what or who this entails. Will this display board include your whole 4-H group or FFA ? Is it for a particular show? I've seen them done at State and National breed shows. If it is a board showing a group, Ive seen pics of the kids doing all sorts of things 9sometimes not even cattle related. Kind of like introducing visitors to the display to know more about who you or your group is. Give us a bit more feed back and maybe we can offer some more help.

Open Class for the Breed. National show is in September. But have a few more Open Class ones before that that we'd like to have it done for.

Ok if its not or a junior show I'd say the display board may be over the top. Kind of "unprofessional". I'd reccomnend. brochures about your product. If you do choose to do a board maybe photos of your place. Some of your past winners. Pics of all of the pricipals of the business. Kind of like what youd see in a sale catalogue. But center in on what you do and why you can serve the needs of certsin cattle buyers. If its open show, youve got to focus on info that generates interest in your cattle and place. Maybe a map ?
Give me more info about why I should come visit and buy from you. Do you own a particular domor or bull that might interest me? Do you have value added incentives that I need to know about? These are the types o things I might want to see on a brochure or display board. If you are from a University group what makes your university so great that I may want to send my kid there. Find your angle and hone in on that.

369 the goose drank wine,the monkey chewed tobaka on the rail car line.

EAT BEEF":1haxbday said:

I guess that well thought out comment is the result of too much BS on the brain. Brought on by sleep deprivation and intoxication.

Avalon":1axjpmon said:
EAT BEEF":1axjpmon said:

I guess that well thought out comment is the result of too much BS on the brain. Brought on by sleep deprivation and intoxication.

Could have been ,but I hadn't even been drinking just working on some junk in the shop.I was thinking what the 369 in her handle stood for and thats what came to me.Sorry if I messed up the topic.

Latest posts