squeeze chute

Help Support CattleToday:

plbcattle

Reaction score
has anybody got the new priefert 2004 chute. I have the xl filson and I am going to sell it and get a new priefert. what do you guys use and what do you like or dislike about it.

For-Most 450 & 450W Squeeze Chute
The Model 450 Squeeze Chute is the top of the For-Most chute line. Arguably the best manual squeeze chute on the market today. 8)

Every detail has been engineered to offer tremendous access to essential areas of any sized critter. This chute is easy to operate and provides safety to both the cowboy and the critter. Many options are available to customize this chute to fit your needs and your budget. There is not a better manual squeeze chute on the market today. Stout enough to handle any size operation for many, many years.

Squeezes from both sides to keep the animal centered in the chute and headgate for calmer processing.

Six large branding doors swing horizontally or completely remove for access to the animal.

Controls are easily reversible and stay out of the operator's way. No handles or pipes protrude from the chute side that can injure the operator.

Quickly apply pour-on over the chute side without opening a branding door.

Plenty of neck access allows for proper vaccinating techniques to insure quality beef program guidelines are followed.

Sides are enclosed to a height of 42" to cut off animal's side vision. This also prevents wilder cattle from getting their legs outside of the chute, something louver systems can't offer.

Vertical drop-down tailgate locks in both the up and down position is standard. Option to upgrade to easy-to-use split tailgate (shown in photo).

Your choice of headgates. Pick the convenience of the A-25 Self-Catch headgate or the versatility of the manual 30 or 30T headgate with optional neck bars and Headsweep.

Foot panels drop down or remove completely for footwork or nursing. Panels extend 27" high from the ground.

Optional bolt-on palpation cage can be added any time. Cage extends chute 3' and features arched entry with wide doors that swing out or in and will lock to block off the alley way (not intended as a substitute for tailgate).

Heavy duty, cleated, diamond plate floor will provide many years of dependable service. Extend the life of your chute inexpensively by simply bolting on a new floor should the original ever wear out.

Rump bar with ratchet mechanism to walk balky calves into the headgate. Prevents cattle from backing up into the chute when released from headgate.
Phone: 800-845-6103 or 712-551-1438 • Fax: 712-551-1487
E-mail: [email protected]
© 2004 For-Most, Inc. All rights reserved.

Both sides open from the working side for sorting or access to the animal.

Chute sides are 30" wide at the top and taper in with 6 different adjustments from 22" wide to 9" ensuring any size animal will be held securely yet comfortably centered in the headgate.

Well known for the best chute trailering system on the market, the 450W features a removable tongue with top-wind jack along with removable fender wheel assemblies. Easy-to-crank brake winch safely raises and lowers chute into position with minimal effort. Fender assemblies protect that expensive pulling vehicle from rock damage.

Optional split tailgate offers greater strength, extended coverage area and a labor saving easy-to-use activation lever. Can be sheeted upon request if enclosed tailgate is desired.

SPECIFICATIONS
CHUTE

Length: Inside 7'8" • Outside 8'0"
Width: Inside Top 2'6" • Inside Bottom 9" to 22"
Outside: 3'10"
Overhead Clearance Required: 8'5"
Weight: Stationary: 1,260 lbs.

WITH PALP CAGE

Length: Inside 10'8" • Outside 11'
Door Opening: 31"
Weight: Stationary 1,400 lbs.

OTHER OPTIONS INCLUDE:
• 3-gauge wire mesh floor
• Easily mount Tru-Test
HD1010 Loadbars.

Head Gates • Chutes • Crowding Tubs • Portable Systems • Portable Scale Frame • Calf Equipment
Corral Panels & Bow Gates • Scales, Weights & Accessories • Show Schedule • Contact Us • Home

I bought on of these two years ago the first time I used it I had a 700lb heifer in it ,she went crazzy so I pulled the squeeze and cought her in mid air, needless to say she grew wheels. I have been very pleased with it, it cost a little more than the Prefert but after comparing the them I bought the For- most

I like my formost. I have another blue one I don't know the name of .... about half the chute of the formost.

What is the reason for selling the Filson? Is there something bad about them?

I own a 450, and have also done a lot of research on it for doing a sales presentation for college. It is by far one of the best made chutes out there. To me it is a lot heavier of a chute, and the access to the animal is wonderful.
My suggestion to you is, go out and compare the Priefert to the For-Most and then decide what works for you.

We've had a Fore-most for almost 10 years now. Great chute. It's been moved two or three times and it's outside, and still in very good shape. Well worth the $$.

I like my priefert. No problems or complaints for 5+ yrs. I looked at formost and they are an excellent chute, but price made the decision for me.

Priefert all the way, I have looked at all of the chutes out there and may be that I am just byest, but for the price and the quality I feel that it is the best. They also stand behind everything they sell. I try to have an open mind when it comed to purchasing anything, trucks, tractor, equipment, but My grandad has one of the first head chutes and it still works! It is over 25 years old. They stand behind what they sell and I don't always let price determine if I am going to buy it or not. We all (or most) want a John Deere tractor but it is so expensive, but a lot of us go ahead and buy the tractor anyway because we know that it will last. Just my opionion, I have a rancher chute, palp cage, 360 sweep.

the thing I don;t like about the filson is there are to many pullies and the squeeze bar if it ever closes by itself and you are under it you will have a trip to the er to get some stitches. the headgate part doesn't seem to catch as well as the priefert. I think I am going to sell my filson for an easier to operate priefert. they run a little high though. they want $2599 for the newest one out.

Latest posts