Squeeze Chute

Help Support CattleToday:

UncleLA

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with the Tarter Brand "Cattleman Standard Squeeze Chute" with automatic headgate?
If so, your thoughts?
I only have 15-20 head at the location where I need a chute. I'm looking for the best chute for the least $$$$$$.
Thanks in advance for your comments.
UncleLA

I have the tarter headgate with auto catch. We run only 30-40 head and have a homemade chute made with 6x6s and two 6 foot gates. The headgate and chute setup works great for my needs and we Ai all of our cattle. I looked at a priefert squeeze but didnt want to spend the 2500 for it. Of course I found a used priefert on craiglist a month after I built mine for a 1000 bucks but thats how it works. Let me know if you want pics I think I already have them on photobucket.

I have a tarter with auto catch. It works. Like you, I don't have a large herd, and I could not find a used one.

shadyhollownj":3pxrl44r said:
I have the tarter headgate with auto catch. We run only 30-40 head and have a homemade chute made with 6x6s and two 6 foot gates. The headgate and chute setup works great for my needs and we Ai all of our cattle. I looked at a priefert squeeze but didnt want to spend the 2500 for it. Of course I found a used priefert on craiglist a month after I built mine for a 1000 bucks but thats how it works. Let me know if you want pics I think I already have them on photobucket.
I am working on my headgate chute and I would appreciate viewing your set-up. Never hurts to see what works for other people.

Hey UncleLa,

I just bought that chute Sunday. Haven't had a chance to even get it off the trailer yet, but it seems very well built. I got a super deal on it. If you want more info on how and where I got it shoot me a P.M.

Latest posts