Squash Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Few years ago we got a bunch of rain. Mine wouldn't make they would get these fuzzy things on the end of the fruit and just kinda go mushy.

Lammie, I hope you're growing crooknecks, and not those wretched hybrid straightnecks?

PS, I got the fever and the only cure is more cowbell.

But seriously, what you have is a fungal problem brought on by high humidity. Pull everything off every day that looks suspicious and throw in the middle of the corn rows. After a few days, when conditions are more favorable, you'll have plenty of squash.

ga. prime":2d215v59 said:
Lammie, I hope you're growing crooknecks, and not those wretched hybrid straightnecks?

PS, I got the fever and the only cure is more cowbell.

Yea, we have had lots of days with very high humidity, clouds, rain, the works. It started to dry out and I think things are getting better. It is humid here most of the summer, but this is killer, coastal humidity. Bad, bad hair stuff. And I got some curly, fuzzy hair on! Hats and pony tails.

Love that cowbell!! :lol: :mrgreen:

My squash are doing the exact same thing. they get a little 2or 3 inch squash and then they just wrinkle up and stop growing.
I checked the blooms this morning and most of them seem to be males. I have lots of bees on the flowers so pollination shouldn't be the problem. I grew the exact same squash last year and i had squash coming out my ears. I just don't understand it?

mike

Has anyone come up with a definitive answer to what is going on with the squash? I couldn't go a summer without it - or winter either. :lol:

Latest posts