Question on bulbs in the garden????

Help Support CattleToday:

lifeflower

Reaction score
I have plenty of bulbs in my garden....some of them seem to be getting shorter and smaller every year. They are not crowded and they have not multiplied (I wish they would)... I have tried dividing my trumpet lily that someone had recommended because they get full heads on them but they are only a fourth of what they were in height. They came up as shorter again and when I dug them up to replant them, they were not crowded. I was hoping that was the problem.....should I be replacing the bulbs with new ones? I am not sure if bulbs loose their energy even with bulb food, etc. I also thought the chipmunks/mice might be munching on parts of them but the ones I have checked are OK..

Where are you? I'm not an expert by any stretch off the imagination, but I do know that many bulbs need a certain amount of cold temperatures to do well.

Here, bulb flowers need to be dug up and set on top of the ground just barely in the dirt like onions. Also, calcium ie bone meal or something is often helpful.

An exception would be cannas or canna lilies. They get planted 4" to 6" deep. They are difficult to divide, as the roots make one big intertwined mass, but they are different than trumpets. One thing that may be going on, is if you are not dead heading the dead blooms, the plant spends lots of it's stored energy trying to produce seeds, instead of duplicating it'self as bulbs. Trumpets use lots of nutrients, so the right fertilize is needed to replace what they take from the soil. Trumpet lilies form a bulb that has to eventually be dug up, and split to keep the lilies from losing vigor. Having too many bulbs and plants to close together can cause any lily to decrease in size, flower prodction, and good health,

Lily bulbs, which includes trumpet lilies, Asiatic lilies, Oriental Lilies and their hybrids, tend to decrease over time. They require rich soil with plenty of fresh compost every year. Despite your best efforts, they are susceptible to being eaten by MOLES and SQUIRRELS. Also, there are lily diseases, some of which are viral, and spread easily in the garden via insects. All of these factors will cause your lilium population to decline typically and you will have to replace them approximately every 3 years with new ones. In regards to the viral diseases, the species lilies referred to as tiger lilies can silently carry viruses but are unaffected by them. These viruses can then infect the asiatics, orientals and trumpets.

I have tried dividing my trumpet lily that someone had recommended because they get full heads on them but they are only a fourth of what they were in height. (quả óc chó giá rẻ)

starting to getting big into going organic and want to cut GMO's from my life(Điện hoa hà nội).

see if anyone had a simliar experience and maybe I am just being over-protective.
Điện hoa hà nội
Thank you!!

These are all quotes from the OP. Of his/her 4 posts, 3 have those funky links included.
So, Is this the way those people make a gazillion dollars a month on the internet? You know, the ones you always see in the comments after every news story...Just wondered.....

Nesikep":3efgw3d3 said:
Funny that someone who seems Vietnamese has better grammar and spelling than most of the English speakers here...

bạn có thể nói rằng mỗi đứa trẻ là một người chiến thắng

We have,day lillies,oriental,Asiatic,tiger,and surprise lillies,and they all handle the winter freezes just fine here in zone4/5. We do thin as needed so they are not crowded.

Latest posts