Sprinkling in NW Arkansas

Help Support CattleToday:

madbeancounter1

Reaction score
Finally... The wife just called and said she thought I would like to know that it was raining at the house. Now if it lasts longer than my little finger it might do us some good.

Wish we could share with you Madbean. We've had rain for the last 8 days. Yesterday and today were frog stranglers. Rivers and creeks are up. Washed away a watergate that needed repair anyway. The old folks say if it rains on the first of the month it will rain 15 days. Looks like we will get the 15 this month. Temp in the high 90's. Hope you get all you want.

Isn't it incredible how a large countries like the US and Canada and Australia can have such varied weather. Here in Australia many areas are still in drought,including us,many cropping areas that had dust flying a month ago now have to seed their paddocks by air.
We've had about 4/5 inches in the lasy month,but it is still dry. We are in the middle of winter here. We still have a fair bit of cold weather to go. Its cool here this morning but no frost,yesterday it was down to minus five celcius and a monster frost. We haven't had any minus 10/12 's this winter so far.
Hope every one in the US and Canada get their share of the rain.
Colin

As has happened over the past couple of months the rest of the area got "a little" rain. We got sprinkles and thunder and lightning.

Well we were supposed to have a 3 day window down here with no rain. We are cutting a field to bale today. Just got the word it is supposed to rain hard on Friday. It figures. Cut hay or wash your truck and it WILL rain.

mbc,
Hope you get that rain. We had an inch for the month of May and for June and now finally we are getting a rain every day since July 4th. It's great. I can't keep my lawn mowed but who cares? At least we have good grass for the cattle. I would rather have too much rain than to be too dry.

Around here wev'e learned not to complain about the mud since we prayed for rain. In Mississippi we got it just in time. Southhaven MS. got 6 inches in less than 2 hours last week.

Latest posts