Springfield, MO Farmfest

Help Support CattleToday:

I was planing on making the trip.. even to go look at some pairs up there, but gotta help my daughter move.. so looks like its not gonna happen.

I haven't missed it in years but it never takes me more than about three or four hours to look over everything. i know people that will be there all three days all day long. for me there is no need to have to be there the first day when they open since it really doesen't change day to day.

I may go Saturday walk around, but maybe end up at the zoo next door-the animals are OK, but looking at equipment-snore

I was coming through Springfield yesterday afternoon and stopped for the last half hour before it closed. Went for a couple of hours today and saw lots of friends from around the area. Lots of beautiful cattle, lots of great machinery and equipment that I don't know how anyone can afford and plenty of great food. The ribeye steak sandwich at the cattlemans beef building is outstanding. The ribeye sandwich at silver spur stand was tough and spicy and terrible. It was really crowded and very few available parking spots. Had to stop in at the PFI booth and thank them for sponsoring Larry's Country Diner at 10pm on Saturday nights on RFD channel. My folks favorite show

Farm fest was better than I thought :) Finally got to see some White Park cattle and meet a friend

We were there, with cattle on display. It was COLD, but we sold a bull (only had one bull old enough - 11 months). I make my college classes go, and do a write up on three new areas of technology they learned about with pros and cons. The cons are almost always the expense!!!
Our cattlemens group does a fantastic job cooking the steaks! If anyone is in the area, they are cooking again, rib eye, at the Apple Butter making days in Mt. Vernon this weekend. IIRC, the steaks are cheaper since no overhead going to the fairgrounds like at farm fest. Great place to get apple butter!!!

Latest posts