Spring not

Help Support CattleToday:

Shure we will get the worst of this weekends weather due to start calving monday so with this strong low i would bet may be saturday... Dun u hear any totals news just said would onow prob tomorrow night

I didn't think there was anyone left up north. Been staying with family in Jensen Beach, FL. And the traffic was just horrible, can't remember ever seeing as many out of state tags. People from Ontario that come to FL. for the winter are rude and the worst bunch of folks I have ever met. Sure glad to be back in Hickville, GA. and the weather is 37 and sunny. Nothing has changed the cows are still black

Deepsouth":1hwv6j1a said:
IMAG0490.jpg
They put on a stunning show, what are 'they' Deepsouth?

dun":5s487838 said:
redcowsrule33":5s487838 said:
We just plowed out a 5' drift so we could get back to the feeding area last night. One of the fences is nearly drifted over. And we are expecting a below zero night tonight. We should be in the 40's! Spring will be appreciated this year, once it comes.
That's the main reason we left wisconsin when I was a yonker. Moved to seattle, dads resoning was "you don;t have to shovel rain"
You may not have to shovel rain but snow is easier to shovel than mud. It has been raining pretty steady since Tuesday afternoon. This morning it was half rain half snow. Everything is a muddy sloppy mess. At least the wind finally calmed down a bit.

john250":1w4fk8o1 said:
You are so pitiful. Mn does suck. How else can you justify inflictingg Al Francken on the other 49 states. Somehow, I still admire y'all.
We gave you Prince, Bob Dylan and MM, you gave us corn. Sorry about Al, I don't know what happened there.
0 degrees out this morning, so things are looking up. woowhoo. :roll:

I was looking at some of last years trail cam pictures of turkey today. If they weren't dated wrong, we had green leaves this week last year. Everything looks like the dead of winter right now.

AlisonB--I'm 99% sure those are Azaleas. It's the time of year for them to bloom in the Southern and South East US.
They are a type of rhododendron.

greybeard":13txkgkm said:
AlisonB--I'm 99% sure those are Azaleas. It's the time of year for them to bloom in the Southern and South East US.
They are a type of rhododendron.

Correct grasshopper as everyone's yard here is full of them in every color you can think off.

Thanks guys, thought they could have been Azaleas but have never seen them quite so big - striking!

Dave":2wcffegu said:
dun":2wcffegu said:
redcowsrule33":2wcffegu said:
We just plowed out a 5' drift so we could get back to the feeding area last night. One of the fences is nearly drifted over. And we are expecting a below zero night tonight. We should be in the 40's! Spring will be appreciated this year, once it comes.
That's the main reason we left wisconsin when I was a yonker. Moved to seattle, dads resoning was "you don;t have to shovel rain"
You may not have to shovel rain but snow is easier to shovel than mud. It has been raining pretty steady since Tuesday afternoon. This morning it was half rain half snow. Everything is a muddy sloppy mess. At least the wind finally calmed down a bit.

I'll take snow over mud or ice, but it's getting a little ridiculous. I'm afraid my mud season will be calving season. We finished up the last of our silage yesterday, had to plow out the runway to the silage bag to get to it and without the snow piles the runway was about 2 1/2 feet below the snow level. Some bad words were uttered. After last year's drought, it's hard to complain about precipitation, but it's getting easier. What I have learned is to be more specific in your prayers. We spent all summer praying for rain, then got it in February instead of snow. We wished for snow instead, then we got it. Still have it. Setting my sights on "normal", whatever that is.

redcowsrule33":2papya0n said:
Setting my sights on "normal", whatever that is.
Normal for here seems to be no year is ever anything like any has been before. Snow piling up again to day after raining all day yesterday. Lasy year everything came a couple of weeks early, this year it looks like it will be a couple of weeks or a month late.