Spraying Fence

Help Support CattleToday:

There's 60,000 ac of National forest around me--my piddly little fencelines aren't going to add or detract from that wildlife cover enough to make any difference.
2,4d and/or Remedy alone or as a cocktail won't kill most of the waxy leafed and waxy stemmed vines that spring up along E Texas fences--unless you mix it with diesel and that's going to kill the grass anyway.

greybeard":28opnpf6 said:
There's 60,000 ac of National forest around me--my piddly little fencelines aren't going to add or detract from that wildlife cover enough to make any difference.
2,4d and/or Remedy alone or as a cocktail won't kill most of the waxy leafed and waxy stemmed vines that spring up along E Texas fences--unless you mix it with diesel and that's going to kill the grass anyway.

Ever use Crossbow or Remedy?

greybeard":1ztfag64 said:
Greybeard try the remedy as a basil bark spray. I have had good luck. No mater what you spray it will have to be repeated as briar (an assumption on my part) has a root system like nut grass. The nuts are the size of potatoes.
On the flip side for the other folks, briar is good deer plot forage.

stocky":2svr2gyu said:
I would be alot less worried about the spray damaging the wire than I would be the spray damaging the runways and cover and feed for the quail, rabbits, and other wildlife that use grown up fencerows to survive and thrive. Just teasing, however, I am in the group that loves hairy fence rows for the wildlife benefit and see a clean fence row as detrimental to the wildlife I value seeing. I like for my fencerows to be grown up in trees and bushes so that no one can see into the pasture from the road. I am sure alot of you would make fun of my fencerows that have 2 purposes, stop cattle, and provide for wildlife, however, I make fun of those that are bare ground. So, we are even.

I can respect that. We enrolled a bunch of low lying ground in Crep. The reasons were multiple, erosion control, stream buffers, wildlife, etc. The majority of our fence is at woods edge in Pennsylvania so Im just trying to keep a defined line. The reason for 24d and round up is its leftover from our spring burndown on no till ground. I do have some fence 15+ years with no problems but when you spray the day after you right a sizable check for the project, thoughts creep on your head lol

Sunfish":6kd2a29b said:
TexasBred" [quote:6kd2a29b said:
Don't tell me.....you're cowgirl8's twin. :lol2: :lol2:

Did I insult you ? :lol: :lol:
Hardly....just showed me the junk behind the trashy fenceline.[/quote]

Now Richie like I told you in your pm I'm not showing you my junk :lol:[/quote]
NO idea who you are but I never sent you a PM nor did I receive one from you. :???:

TexasBred":3vl1651z said:
Sunfish":3vl1651z said:
TexasBred" [quote:3vl1651z said:
Don't tell me.....you're cowgirl8's twin. :lol2: :lol2:

Did I insult you ? :lol: :lol:
Hardly....just showed me the junk behind the trashy fenceline.

Now Richie like I told you in your pm I'm not showing you my junk :lol:[/quote]
NO idea who you are but I never sent you a PM nor did I receive one from you. :???:[/quote]

He's a ghost from Christmas Past TB. I just haven't figured out who yet.

Latest posts