Speeding ticket from 2002

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":3c3beg4h said:
I don't know how he managed to forget. How do you forget something like that? Is there a part in a man's brain that just has an automatic turn-off valve?

If there is, it was also installed in at least one woman's brain! I have been ticketed for speeding twice in my life, and both of them were paid late because I forgot about them. With a few exceptions, I don't seem to have a problem forgetting just about anything! ;-) :lol: :lol:

They can already stop you here for not having your seatbelt on. Heck they stop you if anyone in the front seat does not have their seatbelt on, no matter what their age. My son was stopped and fined because his teenage son had his feet up on the dash. Even though he had his belt on they claimed it could not be ajusted correctly if his feet could reach the dash. Evidently they don't have teenage kids.

rkm":20f02fj7 said:
They can already stop you here for not having your seatbelt on. Heck they stop you if anyone in the front seat does not have their seatbelt on, no matter what their age. My son was stopped and fined because his teenage son had his feet up on the dash. Even though he had his belt on they claimed it could not be ajusted correctly if his feet could reach the dash. Evidently they don't have teenage kids.

My son got a ticket when he was 17 because his license plate was dirty. It was winter and it had been very wet and sloppy. It didn't count as a moving violation so I told him tpo just pay it and keep his car cleaner.

Also, he's not a big fellow, but when he started driving, he got pulled over 3 times in a week because police thought he looked too young to drive.

Lammie":yh0o8fzc said:
Also, he's not a big fellow, but when he started driving, he got pulled over 3 times in a week because police thought he looked too young to drive.

Back when I was courting my wife we both worked graveyard and she looked really young. Of course back then she wass. One day we were down at the beach messing around and a cop pulled up and asked if "my daughter shouldn;t be in school". I came up will some WA comment so he checked her ID. He parked in the parking lot for a while and another cop pulled in. He got out and sarted down towards where we were. The first cop waved him over and they had a discussion with much pointing in our direction. Second cop left and the first one sat around for another hour or so. Donut shop must have been closed. She kind of misses the day when she was still being carded till she was almost 40.
Maybe that's why someone from VA keeps referring to her as my daughter, hmmmmmm.

dun":pfkd6uua said:
Lammie":pfkd6uua said:

Back when I was courting my wife we both worked graveyard and she looked really young. Of course back then she wass. One day we were down at the beach messing around and a cop pulled up and asked if "my daughter shouldn;t be in school". I came up will some WA comment so he checked her ID. He parked in the parking lot for a while and another cop pulled in. He got out and sarted down towards where we were. The first cop waved him over and they had a discussion with much pointing in our direction. Second cop left and the first one sat around for another hour or so. Donut shop must have been closed. She kind of misses the day when she was still being carded till she was almost 40.
Maybe that's why someone from VA keeps referring to her as my daughter, hmmmmmm.

I'd still card her.

cfpinz

There are cheap lawyers that specialize in traffic court. Basically you send your lawyer to court and you dont have to go yourself.
Depending on the fine, Example in MT the fines are so small they are not worth fighting, plus MT doesnt have reciprocle agreements with others so it doesnt go on your liceance so its not worth fighting. But some States/Provinces are really expensive and it sure pays to fight them.
Anyway I have had good luck in court. Most times I won outright but the worst I have done is deferals. Example I paid the fine but it didnt go on my driving record.
Believe it or not but I have recieved speeding tickets when I wasnt speeding. Montana can be bad if its the end of the month and if you have Canadian plates on your truck.

cfpinz":3v0no142 said:
dun":3v0no142 said:
Lammie":3v0no142 said:

I'd still card her.

cfpinz

I've got some slightly used glasses you can use. Obviously your eyesight is failing. Of course your wifes must be too

20 years ago when I was trucking I was out in the middle of no where <Nebraska> on a back road. The speed limit was something like 55 and I was going something like 85.
Everytime I passed a car the would speed up and stay behind me thinking that if we met a cop that I would get nailed and they would have time o slow down. Anyway I had gathered about a half dozen cars behind me and we were cruising right a long.
Back then I was outfitted with top of the line stuff. 3 band bird dog/radar detecter,detecter and a laser detecter.
First thing a sheriff was stand along side of the road and he waved us ALL over to the side.
I was wondering what was going on because I knew there was no way he had me or any of the rest on radar.
Anyway I questioned him about why he thought we were all speeding.
Haha Turns out his county was to poor to provide them with radar guns so he and his other deputy hid in the corn fields and timed us all from point A to B with watches to see how fast we were going.
It was a couple of hundred dollars for the fine but I have to laugh about it whenever I think about it.

Lammie, tell him to slow down or learn to drive better. You said "he has had several tickets since then". Tickets are not normal. :lol:

Yes, I know. He is a horrible driver. I will pass the message along.

Lammie":2c7ksvay said:
My husband got a letter from the friendly people at the DPS stating that he has an outstanding speeding ticket from the year 2002, in Wallice, Texas. That's around Rosenberg, I guess, somewhere in there. Anyhoo, the state has started a new data base for going back and researching old tickets. I guess he never paid this particular fine, and although I don't condone it, here's the story.

He was stopped. He got a ticket for speeding. He neglected to pay. Nothing happened. In the meanwhile, the city has tacked on several more fines, failure to appear, a few other things, and a 30 fine that they charged "because they felt like it". That's according to the less than friendly voice on the other line when Steve called the city of Wallice yesterday trying to find out what was going on.

Steve does not even remember getting the ticket. Don't look at me, we weren't married back then.

Woman on other line says there's a warrant out. But Steve has been stopped several times since then, most recently in May, and nothing happened.

I think he should go there, meet with a judge, request a trial and make nice with everyone. He's willing to pay the original fine, but not the 490 something dollars they want now.

Anyone got any suggestions?

When your hubby called about the ticket, did he call the court house or the police department that gave him the ticket? That can make a big difference. He needs to call and talk to someone in records at the police department. They have all of the tickets in the computer and also get copies back or some sort of paperwork when the fines have been paid or the person goes to court or what have you. If nothing else, you call. Have the letter that was sent to him in your hand. If it gives a ticket number or a specific date that helps a lot. Good Luck.

I would demand an appearance on TV. Judge Judy will surely sift through this mess, and your Husband might get off easy if he makes a deal in Judge Judy's chambers.

IF this does'nt work I would flee to Mexico.

Latest posts