Speaking of Eggs

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
What do you do with 30 eggs a day :shock:

Last year we had 3 bottle calves using a couple dozen a day. No calves this year.

Anybody want some fresh eggs. :help:

onecowfarms1":1rray023 said:
Last year we had 3 bottle calves using a couple dozen a day. No calves this year.

how where you feeding to calfs?

We have always put eggs in the milk, if we happen to have a bottle calf for some reason.

Sounds like you need egg salad sandwiches, tuna fish salad, potato salad, ham salad, chicken salad, homemade ice cream, etc............. cook some up for the dogs will give them the shiniest coat around,

share them with neighbors or a church organization that helps the needy............. the possibilities are endless.

funky 4-Her":1rj669q8 said:
Target practice?????

that gave me an idea. people make potato shooters right? with smaller pipe, one could fashion an egg shooting gun. the possibilities for that would be endless

Miss Daisy":2qppynsc said:
that gave me an idea. people make potato shooters right? with smaller pipe, one could fashion an egg shooting gun. the possibilities for that would be endless
Dang! I'll bet you're just 10 kinds of fun at a party :banana:
We have a support group starting soon ~ check out supper post.
I think you need our kind of help! :cowboy:
ps BYOB

mnmtranching":26ixgbzk said:
What do you do with 30 eggs a day :shock:

Anybody want some fresh eggs. :help:

I have taken to selling mine to the faculty at school.

I sold some eggs couple years ago, 1$ dozen. Cleaned em, delivered em and one lady said she found pooh on one and another said she found blood in one. :cry2: Didn't seem to be worth my time :compute: So I don't sell eggs no more. Oh yeah! I bring my Mother tons and she brings them to her card parties. :D When somethings free everybody loves it. :nod:

Lot of good ideas, We'll have eggs for supper and use up 6-8.

I think deviled eggs this weekend.

How do you make custard?

mnmtranching":6psjdqwc said:
How do you make custard?

I couldn't find My Grandmothers so I found this on the internet.

Egg Custard Pie SUBMITTED BY: Marles Riessland PHOTO BY: aCookInLaQuintaCA
"This is the 1999 American Pie Council's National Pie Championship's first place winner in the Custard Pie Category."

PREP TIME 15 Min
COOK TIME 35 Min
READY IN 50 Min
SERVINGS & SCALING
Original recipe yield: 1 (9-inch) pie
US METRIC

About scaling and conversions

INGREDIENTS
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
3 eggs, beaten
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg white
2 1/2 cups scalded milk
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)

READ REVIEWS (127)

Review/Rate This Recipe
Save To Recipe Box
Add to Shopping List
Add a Personal Note
Post a Recipe Photo
Post a Favorite Food List
Create a Menu

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
Mix together eggs, sugar, salt, and vanilla. Stir well. Blend in the scalded milk. For more yellow color, add few drops yellow food coloring.
Line pie pan with pastry, and brush inside bottom and sides of shell with egg white to help prevent a soggy crust. Pour custard mixture into piecrust. Sprinkle with nutmeg.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on rack.

mnmt ~ custard pie is my very favorite desert! Give it a try!
Is the very best of stuff :nod:

My gmas recipe:
4 eggs slightly beaten
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 and 1/2 cups of scalded milk

Thoroughly mix eggs sugar salt and vanilla. Slowly stir in scalded milk. Pour at once into unbaked pie shell. Dust lightly with nutmeg.

Bake in very hot oven (475) for 5 mins then turn oven down to 425 for 10 mins or until knife inserted comes out clean. Serve cool or chilled.

Latest posts