Southern Charm

Help Support CattleToday:

Our President son is showing top 15% in the breed for $M. Not too shabby. AAA 19205550

And to think, I never have him in the straw, LOL!

LJCB said:
Well the new update is out I'm guessing his foot scores hurt his $M. Internet is being pretty slow but he doesn't have any progeny recorded scores my guess is neither does his sire or dam. Still using him on Tuesday regardless of the numbers.

I would use Southern Charm and not worry about a thing. He is an excellent bull. Wait until more carcass data comes back on his steers, he's going to pull ahead of the pack.

yeah and with the new $b model he's pretty unmatched from A to B unless there is another bull out there?
I'm hoping my President straws Stick! Actually I'm hoping all my straws stick 😂

LJCB said:
yeah and with the new $b model he's pretty unmatched from A to B unless there is another bull out there?

I'm sure America progeny will turn out very nice, but President is a VERY, VERY GOOD bull. I will be breeding some heifers to him this fall. His calves are superb.

What are your avg BW on President calves?

I did a side evaluation search and found that with a search with southern charms CED WW YW Marb RIB set as the minimums.
GAR Bulls
Ashland
Storm
Prophet
Sun Rise
Sure fire

Sydgen Enhance
44 bragging rights

Var foreman
Var Xfinity

1/3 of them have Ten X in them and he isn't exactly known for good feet

LJCB said:

I did a side evaluation search and found that with a search with southern charms CED WW YW Marb RIB set as the minimums.
GAR Bulls
Ashland
Storm
Prophet
Sun Rise
Sure fire

Sydgen Enhance
44 bragging rights

Var foreman
Var Xfinity

They have mostly been in the 70 to 90 range. The bull I posted above was 105.

My Raindance daughters have been huge however, which is how I like them, but they have been really big for females.

LJCB said:

GAR Bulls
Ashland
Storm
Prophet
Sun Rise
Sure fire

Sydgen Enhance
44 bragging rights

Var foreman
Var Xfinity

Raindance is good for $M as well. Take a look at this heifer that we have out of him, top 10% for $M

http://bit.ly/2wvXGHH

I would use any bull out of that flush, and feel confident about improving $M

This is a BIG WIN for SAV.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
Where is your operation LJCB?

South Central Iowa. Small 50 head operation with 20 being PB Angus . Sim angus commercial using angus bulls

************* said:
LJCB said:

GAR Bulls
Ashland
Storm
Prophet
Sun Rise
Sure fire

Sydgen Enhance
44 bragging rights

Var foreman
Var Xfinity

Raindance is good for $M as well. Take a look at this heifer that we have out of him, top 10% for $M

http://bit.ly/2wvXGHH

I would use any bull out of that flush, and feel confident about improving $M

This is a BIG WIN for SAV.
Is SAV not worried about marbling ? Or do they grade better than their numbers ?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
LJCB said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
Where is your operation LJCB?

South Central Iowa. Small 50 head operation with 20 being PB Angus . Sim angus commercial using angus bulls

:welcome:
Pleased to meet you.
:welcome: - please click your name at the top of the page and go to profile & put where you are located. It really helps everyone else "talking" to you. Thanks!!!

************* said:
LJCB said:

I'm sure America progeny will turn out very nice, but President is a VERY, VERY GOOD bull. I will be breeding some heifers to him this fall. His calves are superb.

Branded, when you look at the number of progeny President has registered, does it give you any concern? We used him this year fairly heavily but i just don't understand why more folks didn't register his progeny. I guess maybe the seedstock guys don't like him or his owner as well?

hornedfrogbbq said:
************* said:
LJCB said:

Branded, when you look at the number of progeny President has registered, does it give you any concern? We used him this year fairly heavily but i just don't understand why more folks didn't register his progeny. I guess maybe the seedstock guys don't like him or his owner as well?

None whatsoever.

I think that a lot of people say "I used President, didn't like him" but....did they really use him, or were they just talking smack? I don't believe anything I hear unless someone can show me the DNA parentage proven AAA number.

People on here say proof is in the pudding, and when I look at my President progeny, I am kicking myself for not breeding more to him.

Everybody in Kentucky is on the Cowboy Up bandwagon. Nothing against Express, because I use Denver, and I think they have very good cattle, but just look at this bull below. WOW!

[image]324[/image]

Now, look at the pedigree. As Jeanne said in another thread, it's all about females, and I love the females that I have from this bull. Can't wait to build on them. Seriously thinking of crossing them with SAV Elation or as Creek suggested Supercharger.

I think Cowboy Up is a good bull but just doesn't have enough milk for us. I think alot of folks chased $B to the detriment of gigantic (40 plus) milk epd's. Cowboy Up is a 10 milk epd currently which is up from where he has been.

Man, I have been out of the saddle and had not seen the big change in EPD's...lordy it is material.