BUBS Southern Charm AA31

Help Support CattleToday:

SEIOWACATTLE

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any calves out of him and what their thoughts are on them? Thanks in advance!
BUBS Southern Charm AA31 #17853196

Does this help?

From the Herbster Angus website.

"Herbster Angus Farms Makes Headlines with Southern Charm, His Mother,
His Grand-Dam, and His #1 $B Daughter!
At Herbster Angus Farms, we leave nothing to CHANCE. When we passed GO, we collected something very special, taking a calculated and informed risk not only to improve our program, but also increase the value of our customers' operations. We

believe the addition of HICKORY HILL ERICA 009 and HICKORY HILL ERICA TA32, the dam and grandam of BUBS SOUTHERN CHARM, are two of the most exciting and untapped resources in the modern Angus business. In addition to the phenomenal matriarchy of TA32 and 009, we also purchased the current #1 $B daughter of Southern Charm, BUBS RITA 17F. She has a bright future! MONOPOLIZING their efficiency, functionality and numerical superiority is integral to adding breed-leading traits into our already world-renowned herd. Breeding cattle is a game of strategy, and

WE LANDED ON AN OPPORTUNITY OF A LIFETIME!"

Charles is no rookie to the Angus biz...

We have one calf coming out of a Final Answer daughter.

We also have used him to flush with our Tour of Duty daughter and got 15 embryos there but they won't be used till this spring.

I've seen a few sons and daughters personally, I can't wait to have my own.

Plan on using him on some of my cows this spring. Haven't found any calf pictures but the heifers and bull pictures I've seen are pretty good.

It appears that Charles has purchased Bubs Southern Charm AA31, or it appears so. In the video on his website it says that Southern Charm will soon be joining Herbster Farms. I think I know who might be breeding our Harvestor, International, and President daughters too soon.......

So this bull became a winner when Herbster bought an interest? Double bred Future Direction, time will tell if his daughters make good long lived cows. There is a chance. The Precision cattle lack fertility. Yes it can be overcome I have seen it in my own herd with Connealy Mentor but it takes time to prove such.

W.B.":2rcn7ihw said:
So this bull became a winner when Herbster bought an interest? Double bred Future Direction, time will tell if his daughters make good long lived cows. There is a chance. The Precision cattle lack fertility. Yes it can be overcome I have seen it in my own herd with Connealy Mentor but it takes time to prove such.

Became a winner when Herbster bought? No.

Strategic marketing? Absolutely!

Bubs has really good numbers and a look that is hard to beat, IMO. His dam is impressive as well and I think it was smart for Herbster to buy her as well. When Bubs did their sale a few months back with flushes and daughters, they all looked good. I flushed prior to the Herbster purchase but was excited to see of all people, HE invested in him.

I've spoke about Herbster before. I really stand behind his program. We'll try anything that Herbster stands behind, even if it had 2 noses and 5 legs (sarcasm)...

The Conversion cattle that I have seen look terminal. This bull could be an exception I guess.

I've spoken to Herbster as well, he rarely fails if ever to return a call or answer a question about a bull. That goes a long ways in my book.

As for the quality of the semen that he sells, I've noticed a higher rate of success with Harvestor, International, and President than other sires.

As for the calves out of those sires, they are very good.

People can say what they will, but Charles didn't get involved with this bull just for the heck of it, Southern Charm has merit that will surface in time, most just cannot see it right now. That is my opinion.

Got no dog in this fight. Merely my observations.
Bubs has really good numbers and a look that is hard to beat, IMO.
The quest for so called really good numbers has been the bane of numerous breeds. Angus not withstanding. Suffice it to say, fat covers a lot of sins.
Worrisome to me that his pic & video depict him knee deep in straw with the latter clearly indicating he fails to track correctly e.g. is structurally compromised.
More importantly, the pics of his dam and MGD depict poor udder suspension, pinched teat placement and marginally acceptable teat size on what appears to be dry udders. Would be enlightening to see them the first 24 hrs of freshening. And especially, in a real world, fish or cut bait environment. My :2cents:

I looked at his video. One does have to wonder what all the straw is for. Good feet aren't all that common so I guess we shouldn't look too close.

W.B.":1dy02y9j said:
I looked at his video. One does have to wonder what all the straw is for. Good feet aren't all that common so I guess we shouldn't look too close.

One would think that Origen, Sitz, and Herbster all took more than a passing glance at the feet of this bull. Just a hunch....

76 Bar":11tpjzl5 said:
Got no dog in this fight. Merely my observations.
Bubs has really good numbers and a look that is hard to beat, IMO.
The quest for so called really good numbers has been the bane of numerous breeds. Angus not withstanding. Suffice it to say, fat covers a lot of sins.
Worrisome to me that his pic & video depict him knee deep in straw with the latter clearly indicating he fails to track correctly e.g. is structurally compromised.
More importantly, the pics of his dam and MGD depict poor udder suspension, pinched teat placement and marginally acceptable teat size on what appears to be dry udders. Would be enlightening to see them the first 24 hrs of freshening. And especially, in a real world, fish or cut bait environment. My :2cents:

The only pic I've seen of her is the one in which Bubs took and placed on their FB in 2018, which noted she had a calf at side. I don't score udders but I didn't see anything appalling, especially considering her age. I'll have to ask my husband about his thoughts on her udders, he's the "teats" guy.

I think she looks great. As for feet, I wasn't a fan of all the straw either but I've spoken to folks who've seen him at stud.

I trust Herbster. IMO, he's one of the most honest Seedstock guys out there.

Origen has such a stellar reputation of "Epic" proportions.

As for Sitzs' let's see how many calves they get from him.

I can't believe how some people form such a strong negative opinion by just looking at photos and videos. Some people just love to dislike.

Ken

That's alright. I do enjoy the thins I learn on here. The one guy who picks him apart might be the guy I'm wanting feedback from. I try to take constructive criticism.

I'm feeling good about our choice. I'd be interested in knowing what part in an operation some of these users on this board play? How big it is and what kind of operation?
I think that's also important. Because him and I might be in two different parts of the industry and that's huge.

My only real beef on this whole topic is how much of a better bull ol southern charm became as he acquired a new owner. He already was owned by reputable operations and was in a stud now suddenly he is shinier and better.

W.B.":3nugi2oo said:
My only real beef on this whole topic is how much of a better bull ol southern charm became as he acquired a new owner. He already was owned by reputable operations and was in a stud now suddenly he is shinier and better.

Well, no. I flushed to Bubs before Herbster bought him. I just believe that there isn't a more upstanding man to own him than Herbster.

We also believe that Herbsters straws do settle better.

*************":uofguret said:
It appears that Charles has purchased Bubs Southern Charm AA31, or it appears so. In the video on his website it says that Southern Charm will soon be joining Herbster Farms. I think I know who might be breeding our Harvestor, International, and President daughters too soon.......
This was the post I was referencing.

Latest posts