Something to think about.

Help Support CattleToday:

Calman

Reaction score
Can you name the Jap products that are being used in your home? It would probably take a month of Sunday's to list all around here.
We really could probably do without them, but will you?
Most likely not. I know I don't. Unless you by at Made in USA Wally World.
Almost makes you think they won in the long run.

Cal

It is worse than that.

Atleast you can still get on the Cat and push trees without denting everything up. Hit a sapling with a $50K truck and it will do $600 worth of damage. Why is the auto industry trying to compete with junk? May as well buy those foreign trucks except they cannot pull a loaded G/N - yet.

Calman":3cj3auks said:
Can you name the Jap products that are being used in your home? It would probably take a month of Sunday's to list all around here.

Cal

I ain't seen "made in japan " for quite a while except some few electronics.Mostly china, taiwan, korea. Wallyworld ain't got a whole lotta 'USA" stuff lately what I seen. What would ya have us do without? Shoes, clothes? In case ya ain't noticed, those nessessities be made in other countries these days. Our shoe factories and textile mills pretty much all be gone from the good ole USA.

Calman":33ar10wp said:

Cal

Hardly anything you see now in the USA is made let alone manufactured in Japan. Most electronics are made in Taiwan, or worse yet, China.

Calman":1re06bpi said:
Unless you by at Made in USA Wally World.
Cal

Everything I see in wally world is made in China, Indonesia or Mexico, including a lot of the "food" products.

Made in USA? Still growing and raising a lot of food/feed, but what else - mostly weaponry for export and some high tech electronica (not much anymore) software, entertainment products (movies, music etc) and franchising of junk food. Really WHAT is made in this country anymore?

Hippie Rancher":2gdx0l0j said:
Really WHAT is made in this country anymore?

Methamphetamine and trailer houses, for sure. The Jerry Springer show. Baseball bats.

backhoeboogie":c3u75u76 said:
Hippie Rancher":c3u75u76 said:
Really WHAT is made in this country anymore?

Methamphetamine and trailer houses, for sure. The Jerry Springer show. Baseball bats.

I think the meth got shifted to Mexico too. Ever since so many states got the brilliant bandaid idea to limit allergy pill sales :roll:

Manufactured housing - actually that is a legitimate one, I hadn't thought of.

I have something in my house that says made in the USA, I am sitting in front of it now, my DELL computer. I have a few others but not much.

While in Japan visiting my Brother, who used to live there, we picked something up in a store and it had Made in Birmingham, England. on the base. What a small world, all that way to see that. Also done the same thing in Florida, seems things are shipped around the world for sale in other Countries except our own. :roll:

The vast vast majority of things sold at Wally World come from some other country. One of the reasons I never darken their door step with my shadow.
You can find American made products but it does take time to search them out. It is a matter of personal preference, but I do take the time and go to the expense of finding American products.

Dave":2lg682is said:
The vast vast majority of things sold at Wally World come from some other country. One of the reasons I never darken their door step with my shadow.
You can find American made products but it does take time to search them out. It is a matter of personal preference, but I do take the time and go to the expense of finding American products.

I mentioned wally world as a joke because of their advertising years ago, "Buy USA"

Cal

Just remember, a percentage of every nickel you spend at Bal-Mart is another coin going in our Coffins, slowly getting nailed shut by a yeller belly.

Latest posts