Trying something new

Help Support CattleToday:

I have a neighbor (5 miles away but I consider that a neighbor) who owns milk route trucks, I'm getting 4-6 of those plastic milk crates full of spoiled milk from him a week to mix with my pig's feed. Pretty good deal. I've cut back on how much I feed my dogs too and are giving them some of the milk that isn't spoiled but out of date.

I have a neighbor (5 miles away but I consider that a neighbor) who owns milk route trucks, I'm getting 4-6 of those plastic milk crates full of spoiled milk from him a week to mix with my pig's feed. Pretty good deal. I've cut back on how much I feed my dogs too and are giving them some of the milk that isn't spoiled but out of date.

We had several dairies close by when I was a boy, and my father would get milk from them that they couldn't sell. We'd put it in a barrel, and then dip it out to feed to the hogs.

A time or two I'd forget to put the lid on it and a chicken would fly up to the top, think she could step out onto the milk, and fall in and start thrashing around. I'd have to go get her out.

Being covered with sour milk is a smell you don't forget real soon.