Something never tried

Help Support CattleToday:

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Reaction score
This is a first. I have NEVER, in over 50 years bred to anything other than a Simmental bull.
I just had a bull (steer) born sired by Manimal....a white Shorthorn bull. I have LOVED blue roan cattle forever. I picked out this bull maybe 4 years ago. Added his name to my list of bulls to order semen, but always crossed his name off. Last year, I was talking to a guy looking for a Shorthorn bull to breed to his daughters' Shorthorn show heifer. We ended up ordering 5 units and I took 2. Was hoping for a heifer to put in the herd. Will have to try again.
But this boy may be a great prospect steer for my sponsor kids.
He's black with white bellie and tail is long haired roan color all the way up to tail head. Has roan under his chin down to his chest. Kinda a reverse skunk! 😆 🤣
A Shortie breeder told me his body should all change to roan as he gets older.
I have a video, but site won't let me upload. I reduced it down to 27 seconds. Still no.
I will get a picture tomorrow.

This is a first. I have NEVER, in over 50 years bred to anything other than a Simmental bull.
I just had a bull (steer) born sired by Manimal....a white Shorthorn bull. I have LOVED blue roan cattle forever. I picked out this bull maybe 4 years ago. Added his name to my list of bulls to order semen, but always crossed his name off. Last year, I was talking to a guy looking for a Shorthorn bull to breed to his daughters' Shorthorn show heifer. We ended up ordering 5 units and I took 2. Was hoping for a heifer to put in the herd. Will have to try again.
But this boy may be a great prospect steer for my sponsor kids.
He's black with white bellie and tail is long haired roan color all the way up to tail head. Has roan under his chin down to his chest. Kinda a reverse skunk! 😆 🤣
A Shortie breeder told me his body should all change to roan as he gets older.
I have a video, but site won't let me upload. I reduced it down to 27 seconds. Still no.
I will get a picture tomorrow.
Excited to see him!

It's this sites fault. I HAVE A VIDEO!!!
if you want to take the time to click on FB

well, that didn't work like I thought - but if you open the page, it's my nephew's FB page. Scroll down a little and you will come to the calf. (after the picture of our frisbee loving blue heeler).

I'd leave him a bull. In western Canada he would sell easy. If he turns out real good he will bring good money. Even if he is sub par he'd sell.

Latest posts