Some of my adopted kids--------- PICS

Help Support CattleToday:

Sir Loin

Reaction score
Sorry for the poor quality PICS but it was cloudy and I think my camera is on the fritz again.

This is "Freezer Beef" who is 10 mo old and is not filling out very well, so I think I will be taking him to action and trade him in for a better quality animal.

100_1191.jpg

This is "Puddin", my sweetheart pet, she is 10 mo old and should be coming in heat anytime now.
If she breeds she will be the first member of my cow/calf operation.
If she doesn't breed she gets wheels under her.

100_1189.jpg

100_1188.jpg

This is a Pic of "Useless" who I bought at action for $5. And I have two more just like her.
100_1193-1.jpg

And a PIC of my latest member of the family, playing in the woods.
100_1185-2.jpg

$5 sure looks like a bargain now. I saw one sell at the last auction that was about 125lbs, had a neck that make an S, and walked at a 45* angle. Auctioneer kept saying, "one of a kind boys, you don't see them like this". Brought $25.

Well I only bid $5 to get the bidding started and ended up paying $5 each for 3. 2 heifers and 1 steer.
And didn't have my trailer with me, so I cam home with 2 in the back seat and one as co-pilot in the front and ended up with mustard all over my dashboard and rear seat.

They look like a cross between some dairy cow ( brown Swiss?) and an angus bull.
Talk about buying a pig in a poke.
SL

When I buy babies at the sale barn, i don't normally go to all of the trouble to go get the trailer and come back. I just get one of the super looper hands at the sale barn to practice their quick tie on them and i throw em in back of the truck and haul em home.(its only 2 miles from the sale barn). I did have one come untied once and stood up and looked out the side of the truck like a dog. I sure was happy to get home with him in one peace.

J&D Cattle":3qhahd06 said:
$5 sure looks like a bargain now. I saw one sell at the last auction that was about 125lbs, had a neck that make an S, and walked at a 45* angle. Auctioneer kept saying, "one of a kind boys, you don't see them like this". Brought $25.
what sale was this just sounds like someone i know.

denvermartinfarms":3nrn2kvg said:
J&D Cattle":3nrn2kvg said:
what sale was this just sounds like someone i know.

It was down in Salem. That calf was definitely one of a kind, oddest looking calf I've ever seen.

Latest posts