some minnesota sausage bucks.

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerD44

Reaction score
and a few roasts, steaks and a little jerky :lol:

I've shot most of my deer with 30-06's. the browning blr lever and ruger m77 bolt gun. but 2 years ago i bought a new marlin 336C 30-30 and love it. i've gotten 4 deer with it already. i put a williams peep site on it and it is the best setup available for in the brush in my opinion. although a big bore 45-70 would probably drop'em quicker. But the ammo is cheaper on this one and less kick and better trejectory if i do get a shot in the open. ma has a 4x scope on hers and is using that new leverevolution ammo but this is the first deer she shot with it at only 100 yds so haven't done a long range test on it yet. i used 150gr winchester power points.

DeerPics2007Sharons009.jpg
[/img]

100_0129.jpg
[/img]

masdeer.jpg
[/img]

Congrats on your deer! You hardly ever see anyone shooting peep sites anymore. Seems like your doing very well with them.
Nice deer!!

FarmerD44, Looks like you folks had GOOD hunting 8) Congrats :D
And good sausage, steaks, and roasts too :D Looks like some good fat MN bucks to me!

mnmtranching":3ija4xuw said:
FarmerD44, Looks like you folks had GOOD hunting 8) Congrats :D
And good sausage, steaks, and roasts too :D Looks like some good fat MN bucks to me!

yeah, i'd have to say that the 8 pointer weighed around 200 before field dressing. In another couple years he would have been a real monster. But in our hunting situation i don't have the luxury of passing anything up. back where i hunt on that farm i have only a few seconds to shoot and many times i don't even know if its a buck or doe till its on the ground. can't hunt back there when we get low on buck tags. :lol:

farmerD44, that's some good looking venison,and the kind I like to hunt,let the paying hunters get the big ones,I will take a buck like that any day,I fry the backstrap and put the rest through my old grinder,my favorite sausage recipe is called 20-10-10,thats 20 lbs of venison 10lbs of beef and 10 lbs of pork,that makes some very good dried sausage..................good luck

Latest posts