Some LimFlex Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

limftw

Reaction score
Been a while since I've been on but figured I would share some photos of this years bull crop. Most of the bulls pictured are either MAGS Cable or CHR Brickhouse sons. Hope all is well with everyone!

Attachments

• 90.jpeg
    90.jpeg
    562 KB · Views: 45
  • 133.jpeg
    133.jpeg
    519.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 150.jpeg
    150.jpeg
    717.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 306.jpeg
    306.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
  • 485.jpeg
    485.jpeg
    373.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 536.jpeg
    536.jpeg
    493.1 KB · Views: 44
We're mostly 50-75% limousin but trying to head more in the purebred direction. Looking at hitting a bunch of our 50% females with either Hunt Credentials or B-Bar Slate this spring. I'm open to other purebred sires if you have any suggestions.

Thanks for the shout out Freight! If I was looking to AI a bunch to a purebred bull, I personally like the following from Grassroots:
Cell Envision 7023E
LFLC Easy Street 107E
DHVO Deuce 132R
ROMN Floyd Mudhenkey 101F
WULF Fifty T804F
WZRK Atlas 8012A
These are all well made bulls whose females are highly marketable. I personally pay next to no attention to EPDs, so that may play into the opinions others will have on these suggestions.
If I could track some down, I would also look at ROMN Made to Order and COLE Architect. Really good bulls who have stood the test of time and are the kind that will make daughters to build a herd on.
I recently purchased a bull sired by RODZ Coastline 131C, and am really impressed.

Was real close to pulling the trigger on 30 straws of envision last spring but wanted to wait and see how his calves were coming. Have 6 Mudhenkey on the ground and will definitely be hitting the heifers with him again. Deuce is tempting but its insanely hard to market anything that isn't calving ease in our neck of the woods. That's awesome that you got a Coastline son, Reynolds are about 5 hours from where I am located and they have some really nice stuff.

I think you are on the right track with Envision and Mudhenkey. I prefer them over the Slate bull. My biggest issue with the bulls in B-bar's lineup, both bred and bought, is they all seem very tight in the heart girth and I keep seeing the offspring with the same thing. We've learned the hard way, that terminal fore rib really kills the capacity of stock to processes roughage and carry nice size calves with minimal issue.

I'm glad to hear good things about the Reynolds program. I was blown away with the quality of stock they offered, from lot 1 to 60. We managed to snag a really, really stout red 2 year old. He should be home sometime next week, and I'm beyond excited to get him here!!!

Latest posts