some horsr --2

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
Last week I sent a post about how my wife got dumped and broke her collar bone.--yesterday we had one of my wifes coworkers come to visit (she was professional barrel racer--then she joined the R.C.M.P.----guess she wanted a steady paycheque) any way she worked with that horse for 1/2 an hour--turned him to mush he would do anything for her.---Nice to watch

carl

flaboy?":1rrmz35p said:
So what did she do him? Just ride it? How did she work him?
Well I wasnt there for the whole proceedure but she brushed him lifted -all his legs , massaged his back bone said he had a few sore spots worked them out(he seemed to like that a lot)--worked on that area --lunged him --made him back up--didn't really seem to be anything special she was doing --but he sure got to like her and trust her pretty quick

carl

Carlos,

A horse can smell/feel fear. They sense it and it will increase theirs and thereby increase their jumpiness. A horse can tell when a confident rider is on their back and it has a calming effect on them knowing they have someone in charge up top.

I have to admit in front of God and everybody that when I stepped back into the saddle after a 20 year absence I was a little timid as the horses were testing me. Stepping up on youngsters, green broke or not broke at all probably wasn't the smartest thing in my advanced years but it has worked out. When I realized that I could still ride and showed my horses that confidence the incidences of bad behavior subsided immensely. As I exhibited that confidence the horses picked it up and gained confidence in me as the leader.

Just my thoughts.

Latest posts