any mule people on here lets see some pics.

Help Support CattleToday:

BRYANT

Reaction score
IMG_2299_zpsvvoirree.jpg
[/url]]
IMG_2290_zpstosbryxx.jpg
[/url]img]

Here is one of my mules , I have not owned her for a real long time but so far I like her a lot , she is 14 yrs. old and 14 hands tall broke good ,handles well and not spooky ,will go any where you point her. I also have a 8 yr. old john mule that is 15.1 ,little taller than I like, but broke good maybe I can take a pic. of him the next time I ride. Both of my mules you can not ride them for a month and they are still broke , put a saddle on them and they will ride off like a broke mule is suppose to.

I hope the pictures worked sometimes I have problems posting pics.

Bad picture, but the only one I have left. I currently don't have a mule on the place, and haven't since 2006. When my youngest, can catch and saddle her horse completely by herself, I may get another. The mule in this picture was a reigning mule. It also won severy halter shows around. Columbia, and the Great Celebration come to mind.

I participated in trail rides for a while about 30 years ago. It was usually my job to drive the wagon, which was pulled by a pair of mules. I really enjoyed working with them, and if I ever get enough extra time and money I hope to have a wagon and a pair of mules.

I think I got the pic to work

nope I even resized them to width 640. I can get my mules to do what I want them to do easier than I can get these pics. to post. :bang: :bang: :compute: :bang:

Bigfoot
I like the looks of that mules head , looks more like what I call a 1/4 horse head. Wish the picture showed more.

Is that a Max Harsha bit in your mules mouth? If so, those things have saved a bunch a mules a trip to the sale.

Bigfoot":26a5zqjp said:
Is that a Max Harsha bit in your mules mouth? If so, those things have saved a bunch a mules a trip to the sale.
It is, that is not what I normally use on her she is way to easy handling to need that bit the saddle , Herford mule saddle, and that bit is what I normally ride my john mule with. It was about to rain again when I saddled her and just put that rigging on her to see how she liked it. My john mule was a follower most of his life so he did not know how to handle real well so I use that bit on him and it works real well . I do like that bit it is easy on them if they do right but you can get their attention with it if needs be.

That's one of the best bits I've ever used on a mule. I like to saddle a young one, and just turn it loose in a round pen with that bit in. Tie the shanks back to the D rings just enough, that he has to tip at the pole to escape the pressure. 10-30 minutes of that, and they are a brand new baby.

I forgot about this pic. It sits on my desk. We were on a trail ride in it. We'd stay out all day, and the kids would swap places steering. Not the prettiest mule I ever owned, but probably the most broke. He was about 14 hands, maybe 14.1. I looked funny riding him I'm sure, but no telling how many calves I roped off that dude.

Good looking mules Bryant and BF!
I also enjoy riding a good mule. I do not own one right now, but have spent quite a bit of time on them. I use to help condition mules that were used during the hunting season. Had friends that raised big ole wagon mules. And another friend that is bringing home the awards at the Bishop Mule Days this past week.
My daughter learned to ride on a little spotted mule named Lucky Lager, for his love of beer. A very trustworthy little fellow, despite his love for drinking. :)

I spent a couple of summers packing mules out of mineral king. I love good horses but I have a big soft spot for good mules.
There was an old mule named boomer that I'll never forget. She was a handful for adults but you could pile kids on her and she'd babysit them for days on the trail. One little girl got sick on a five day long trip and kept falling asleep in the saddle and boomer would go down the trail shifting her weight back and forth to keep her upright in the saddle. She had never been out in front as she started as a pack mule but when that little girl got to sick to ride by herself I rode boomer double with that girl in my lap and led a string off of her and she was the lead horse for the last two days of that trip.

cow pollinater":2g3lgl3t said:
I spent a couple of summers packing mules out of mineral king. I love good horses but I have a big soft spot for good mules.
There was an old mule named boomer that I'll never forget. She was a handful for adults but you could pile kids on her and she'd babysit them for days on the trail. One little girl got sick on a five day long trip and kept falling asleep in the saddle and boomer would go down the trail shifting her weight back and forth to keep her upright in the saddle. She had never been out in front as she started as a pack mule but when that little girl got to sick to ride by herself I rode boomer double with that girl in my lap and led a string off of her and she was the lead horse for the last two days of that trip.

That's a good story. Lot of mules take kindly to a kid. I had an old gray mule for a long time. Called him C. Moore, because he always wanted to be behind the pack. Had him a ropin one night. There were 4 kids riding him bareback in just a halter. They drifted off where they shouldn't have been. A steer swinging on the end of a rope hit a big blue 55 gallon drum, and it went sailing. Ended up shooting all the way under the mule. He never took a step, and raised his belly a little as it went under. Scared me about to death. I didn't have children at the time, and didn't know how to tell a kid no. I should have never let them be on the mule, much less out in the pen. Thankfully nobody was injured. If I remember correctly, only one even realized it happened.

4A37C44D-FCFC-4FF9-BE21-3236138B82EE.jpg

FE1FFD81-F37A-4EAD-ABF9-C2AEDE07B176.jpg

My wife's newest mule born 5/9/15. First picture was taken at about 48 hrs old. Second pic was this weekend.

Latest posts