some horse

Help Support CattleToday:

Carlos D.

Reaction score
we have a 5 year old 1/4 horse thoughbred cross --my wife took it to a trainer--he did warn her that this was no camp fire horse -his mother was a barrel raceing champ --the sire didnt do to good at raceing' but; never the less he did race-anyway I dont think the horse likes women---We had him with a young girl before --she said she couldn't handle him-----Anyway he dumped my wife -broke her collar bone she'll be off work for 6-8 weeks---I've been on him a few times we get along ok--but I'm 61 years old --I think at this time of my life I have to admit he's too much horse for me--- think he's for sale---he's not dirty or anything ---just a lot of horse

carl

A man has to know his limitations. I am finally becoming keenly aware I am not a young as I used to be and I work and ride my horses differently than when I was 25, 35, or even 45.

No need to keep a horse that might hurt you accidentally or not. I have a bucker and an Idiot but I am slowly bringing them around. I only hope I bring them around before they bring me around.

At our age knowing when to take a step back is a good thing.

The critter sounds like he might make somebody a good ranch gelding. Somebody that can drag enough wet saddle blankets off of him to make a horse.Z

I'm with the other 2 post, too many good horses out there to have to put your loved ones in harms way. Sell him and buy a good calm QH gelding. My wife has a TB that has dumped her twice, I refuse to ride him and my wife is too afraid to get on him anymore. Why do we still have him? Key words "my wife has a TB", If I had my way he would be gone in a second.

Alan

We have a OTTB that my wife trailrides on and I've used on cattle and he track a cow. Don't just do the blanket coverage on TBs. I've ridden a lot of gooduns. We also have aa Appn.QH that was Debby's old show horse. I've probably had him on a thousand head of cattle over the years and he ain't seen one yet.Z

Latest posts