Sold....

Help Support CattleToday:

alisonb

Reaction score
Sold all my cattle (not that I had too many) apart from three girls that will calve in Sept. That leaves me with time to expand on my other farming endeavours and my art.
I just got tired of all the shite :p after all these years and felt time was no longer my own. It was sort of sad to see them go and weird to have an almost empty 'kraal' but at the same time a huge relief. At the end of the day we have to be true to ourselves.
I probably won't be popping in here too often now so just want to thank those of you who made me feel welcome and extended a hand of frienship, it's been a great journey, I've had fun and learnt a lot.

ALACOWMAN":2ivh9tsy said:
having cattle aint a requirment to post on here :cowboy:

I agree. You got to check in so we can compare notes on the more important things in life like mead making, liquor making, bbq, camping and fishing.

I hated selling my cattle 2 years ago, but I had too. Not the end of the world but was close to it for me LOL!!
I still read on here every day and make a post here and there. Stay on here the company is good here.

I can't believe you sold your cattle :???: You kept threatening, but I never thought you would go through with it . Like Ala said you don't have to have cattle to post on here. As I recall we didn't talk cattle that much anyways, it was always pets ,food, liquor etc. :lol:

You have to post some of your art work too ,now that you have more time . Stay in touch Alison and best up luck with all of your future endeavours. :tiphat:

Stick around. If ya had to own cattle to be here I would have gotten booted years ago.I have not one head of cattle but take care of a bunch,and i'm here jacking my jaw all time.
Unless I'm asleep in my recliner :lol:

Cal

Calman":16ywvj2k said:
Stick around. If ya had to own cattle to be here I would have gotten booted years ago.I have not one head of cattle but take care of a bunch,and i'm here jacking my jaw all time.
Unless I'm asleep in my recliner :lol:

Cal

I figured that is the only all terrian recliner they ever made. :nod:
I am just one case of the red ass away from selling everyone of them myself.
Go buy me a new 18 foot Carolina Skiff JVX model and chase trout in the Galveston Bay system when I feel like it.

Like the others have posted, you do not need to leave the site because you don't have cattle, it's not like you will have forgotten what it was like to tend to them. Please continue to share your experiences and thoughts, they brighten many's day. :D

alisonb":3jhbv3ya said:
Sold all my cattle (not that I had too many) apart from three girls that will calve in Sept. That leaves me with time to expand on my other farming endeavours and my art.
I just got tired of all the shite :p after all these years and felt time was no longer my own. It was sort of sad to see them go and weird to have an almost empty 'kraal' but at the same time a huge relief. At the end of the day we have to be true to ourselves.
I probably won't be popping in here too often now so just want to thank those of you who made me feel welcome and extended a hand of frienship, it's been a great journey, I've had fun and learnt a lot.

Sure wish you wouldn't leave us, Alison. If you're going to be too busy with other things, that's understandable, but there's no reason to leave because you sold your cattle. Heck, I've never owned a head of cattle in my life and likely never will. I'm sure there are others. Either way, good luck to you.

Thanks folks, I appreciate your words - you're all awesome cyber friends :D .

As I said I will still pop in to see what you are all up to from time to time (and to give others grief :p ) but really have to curtail my CT obsession to an extent, it's similar to an addiction :oops:.

I have got my first tunnel up (50m x 15m) and am now busy with the guy wiring, then comes the netting and irrigation system - lots of work but have two crew assisting me. Last week I recieved a commission to paint a portrait and have been looking at the white canvas ever since :banana: .

It is also extremely cold here now and sitting in a recliner in a nice warm house playing computer is at times very inviting..... :mrgreen: .

I would miss you Alison, you've been a great addition and attraction to this forum! (and a very kind soul)

Please continue to post and visit. I went away for awhile but still like to pop in and read (and rabble-rouse) now and then.

It is a good place, an "e-coffee shop", and you are an integral part! Stay, and as others have said, please post your pictures!

Don't go completely alison will miss you, as Van C said there are a lot of us who don't have cattle and most likely never will. A little bit of addiction when it is not hurtfull is a good thing. :compute:

bigbull338":2mwp88jq said:
enjoy your retirement.an know if you get bored you can always buy more cattle.

I will second that! After calving the three will be six; so I hope for your recovery :D

Latest posts