$8.7 million for 2117 acres of farm land SOLD!

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":1j5w6r2d said:
I was down to the place I am buying on Tuesday. Was in signing up for a PO Box. The post master said he could have bought the ranch for $175,000 back in 1989. I paid considerably more for it now.

That would only be $358,000 today. Not too bad for the amount of acreage you're getting.

ddd75":m2fe2dbz said:
True Grit Farms":m2fe2dbz said:
ddd75":m2fe2dbz said:
eh.. why buy that land for so cheap in the 80's when you can invest in dividend stocks. :hide:

You of done way better in the stock market.......If you'd of made the right investments.

the same could be applied to land. You buy the right spot, 10 + years later its all developed you have a gold mine. Land has outpaced the stock market.

I'm working on it. A place down the road from me was $205K in 2011. It's 5+/- acres with a barn/shop, house, and it's fenced in with underground irrigation. It was listed at $384K and sold in about a week, so I'm thinking there probably was much, if any, negotiating. We're sitting on 20 acres that I just keep adding a little here and a little there. Can't wait to see what it's worth in 10 years.

Bestoutwest":1u1m3u6r said:
Dave":1u1m3u6r said:
I was down to the place I am buying on Tuesday. Was in signing up for a PO Box. The post master said he could have bought the ranch for $175,000 back in 1989. I paid considerably more for it now.

That would only be $358,000 today. Not too bad for the amount of acreage you're getting.

I wish it had only cost me $358,000....... but what the heck it is only money.

Best this place is only 99 miles from Boise. We will almost be neighbors.

Dave":3n4upu6j said:
Bestoutwest":3n4upu6j said:

I wish it had only cost me $358,000....... but what the heck it is only money.

Best this place is only 99 miles from Boise. We will almost be neighbors.
We're closer than that. We're about 30 miles west of Boise. Congrats on the new place. It sounds wonderful.