Sold by bull today

Help Support CattleToday:

lancemart

Reaction score
Well it was hard to do, but Ifound someone who wanted to buy my bull for breeding. He went to Maine. I sold Pasquale my 1800 pound bull, my open cow Dolly and a bull calf 6 months old and a Heiffer calf 7 months old for a grand total of $2750.00 DID I do ok or did Iget ripped off.

lancemart":1fx71py3 said:
Well it was hard to do, but Ifound someone who wanted to buy my bull for breeding. He went to Maine. I sold Pasquale my 1800 pound bull, my open cow Dolly and a bull calf 6 months old and a Heiffer calf 7 months old for a grand total of $2750.00 DID I do ok or did Iget ripped off.

Too late to ask that question now. You set a price and took it.

If you lose sleep over this you better not take any to the sale barn

Be happy thay are only worth what someone is willing to pay,

Bez>

sidney411":dulfpo1l said:
What's done is done and I don't know anything about your animals but that seems below market to me.

May be true, but we have no idea what shape the animals were in either - conformation, body condition, attitude, and so on.

What seems like a beauty to some may be crap to others.

Might have been top dollar for them or it might have been a steal - either way your comment is bang on - done is done.

Regards

Bez>

You did ok
BULL 900
OPEN COW 500
BULL CALF 500
HEIFER CALF 500
2400 IS WHAT I WOULD HAVE PAID UNLESS THEY WERE AWESOME AND YOU WOULD NOT OF SOLD THEM IF THEY WERE.
I think you did great cause you never know what your gonna get a the aution.

If that was around here you have have done pretty good, but like Bez said, there is no way of telling what condition they were in, health, and so on. I would take that money and run. :p

You came out about right considering you had no commission fees involved. The bull if he was in good shape would have brought $0.63 to $0.66 per lb, the cow $0.45 to $0.50 per lb, the bull calf would have brought $1.00 and the heifer $0.924 to $0.97 last weekend.

Using BC's numbers you did OK plus you didn't have to pay sales commission.
On a side note people on the board need to realize (especially those west of the Mississippi) the further you go east feeder calves tend to be cheaper due to having to figure in shipping cost down the road.

That is a good point that I did not take into consideration. It takes about $6 to $8 per cwt. to get a claf from here in East Texas to the feedlots in the Texas/Oklahoma panhandle.

Latest posts