Sod seeder

Help Support CattleToday:

rnh2

Reaction score
A couple of years ago someone posted a pix of their homemade sod seeder. It was based on small chiesel plow. I think it was from Australia. Anybody have it?

I may have posted a photo of some seed pots on the back of the tynes on my subsoiling plough. I would have to take a new photo as I am not good at retrieving old ones. Basically it is made from 4" sewerage PVC pipe coming down to a 2" reducer with a end cap cemented on with a hole and another end cap with a centre bolt and numerous varying size holes around the outside so that the chosen size hole lines up with the hole in the other end cap. A curtain wire goes down through the holes and drags along the ground tickling the seed so that it slowly falls through the hole, works well and easily controlled. If I think about it I'll get another photo or two, keep reminding me.

Ken

If you search my user name the thread pops up. Its called " Seed box for pasture renovator". The pictures wont show up for some reason but if you search the web the pictures do show up.