Snooze button

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Do ranchers use the snooze button ?

I wake up every morning without the alarm and have for years.

My ❤️ wife likes to hit the snooze button for that extra 7 to 10 minutes.

So if people want 7 to 10 minutes more sleep, so why don't they just go to bed a little earlier?

Do you remember Dick Van Dyke? Used to make me laugh when his wife would change the clock.

My wife used to set the clock ahead about 10 minutes. She thought it helped her to be on time..... it didn't. I don't need an alarm, but my kids make fun of my evening sleep pattern. One of them started talking about my "pre-bedtime nap" that I take. It gave all the late risers in my house a good laugh.

My ole lady has to be at work at 7:30. It is a 10 minute drive. She wants to leave the house at 7. She gets up at 5 AM!! Just to get dressed, put on make up and drink coffee. The hell of it is, she starts the damned clock going off at 4:15!! Hits that snooze button every 7-8 minutes til 5. Now, if it was me, I would get up at 7 and leave at 7:15. I rarely get to bed before 1 or 2 AM, and get up at 6 to fix breakfast, but I haven't slept much from 4:15 til then!

I have a clock in my bedroom that is always 5 minutes behind. I have even set it 5 minutes ahead, and within in a day or two it will be 5 minutes behind. It stays 5 minutes behind all the time. I usually don't use an alarm unless I am getting up earlier than normal, and then I use the one on my phone.

I have an internal alarm clock. I'm always up at nearly the same time every day. The missus, however, is a multiple "ten more minutes" type every morning. Looks miserable to me, trying to cling to sleep, it's always a losing battle!

I have never hit the snooze button in all my life. I have turned my alarm off a few times over the years... and missed testing a couple herds in 30+ years.... but maybe a handful? Now that I am
"semi-retired" and don't test many mornings just mostly afternoons... I like not having to get up at 2 or 3 or 4 a.m...... I do tend to stay up later at night than the 9 p.m. in bed I used to, since I don't have to get up so early.... but will wake up most mornings 5-6 a.m. anyway.

I get up to pee religiously at 5:30, so if that was my get out of bed time, I wouldn't need an alarm. However, since I get up at 06:00, I do set it because I go back to deep sleep as soon as my head hits the pillow again.

Latest posts