Snake Handling Church (audio - Rated G)

Help Support CattleToday:

Jo, that's very good. It reminds of me stuff my parents used to listen to when I was a kid. Very funny.

I don't mean to offend anyone by this cause we each have our own ways of worship. But my neighbor was a pastor in one of these "out of the mainstream" churches. After several years of pressure from him I finally agreed to go to a Wednesday night service/supper at his church. Service began at 6:00 and did not wind down till 9:00. I was famished by this time but was in too much shock at what I had seen to eat anything. Just wanted to go home and ponder the sights, sounds and words that I witnessed that night. I think I'll stick to my current religion cause that one definitely was not how I intend to worship.

Jogeephus":4yyp0k7z said:
we each have our own ways of worship.

The man's name is Slim. He was in his own way as well. He lost a finger tip from a snake bite due to his transgressions....as he told it.

He was way out there. He went flat line 3 time on my watch within the time it took them to get him to the hospital. He never returned to work. Can't say what happened after that.

He was playing the guitar on a PBS show that aired a while back.

Wewild":11qevbi2 said:
Jogeephus":11qevbi2 said:
we each have our own ways of worship.

The man's name is Slim. He was in his own way as well. He lost a finger tip from a snake bite due to his transgressions....as he told it.

He was way out there. He went flat line 3 time on my watch within the time it took them to get him to the hospital. He never returned to work. Can't say what happened after that.

He was playing the guitar on a PBS show that aired a while back.

Wewild, what are you saying?!!! Were you actually part of the rescue team?

Alice

Jogeephus":1pop8bdc said:
I don't mean to offend anyone by this cause we each have our own ways of worship. But my neighbor was a pastor in one of these "out of the mainstream" churches. After several years of pressure from him I finally agreed to go to a Wednesday night service/supper at his church. Service began at 6:00 and did not wind down till 9:00. I was famished by this time but was in too much shock at what I had seen to eat anything. Just wanted to go home and ponder the sights, sounds and words that I witnessed that night. I think I'll stick to my current religion cause that one definitely was not how I intend to worship.

I had a close friend who was, well, I'm not gonna mention the religion. It didn't include snakes, but it was nothing like my Methodist upbringing, to say the least. She would convince me to go to church with her...and I did. It got to a point that I figured she was asking me to go to watch my reaction. If I was certain what my reaction was wouldn't get this thread locked down, I'd go ahead and say it... :shock:

Needless to say, I am so grateful for my Methodist upbringing...

Alice

Alice":1g3kkz6y said:
Wewild, what are you saying?!!!

Alice
:lol2: Hey Wewild, I lost a finger tip to a machete but it wasn't from my transgressions, it was because the machete was very sharp from my Daddy having just sharpened it with a flat file and I handled it wrong.

I was bought up Church of England, but it is a rum do, if you can't have a laugh at something that is intended to be funny. Different kettle of fish if it was ment to offend. Good post Jo IMOA.

Alice":17387utr said:
Wewild, what are you saying?!!! Were you actually part of the rescue team?

Alice

He just worked for me.

ga. prime":2u78knxo said:
:lol2: Hey Wewild, I lost a finger tip to a machete but it wasn't from my transgressions, it was because the machete was very sharp from my Daddy having just sharpened it with a flat file and I handled it wrong.

I'd say your right. It was his opinion not mine.

Latest posts