Wild afternoon on the church grounds.

Help Support CattleToday:

I spotted my most efficient mouse trap last night, first time this year.He's about six feet long now.
Just wish he wouldn't crawl right under my feet, gives me a small heart attack.
I knew it was around because the mice numbers went to nothing in a short time. Last winter I was blasting them with .22 bird shot.
Guess I could buy the black snake a fur coat...Could sew it one out of mice skins I guess.

I have a stall in the barn I keep a homemade feed trailer in, its a magnet for mice.

Rafter S":2cxqhrzc said:
I've reached into a chicken nest to get eggs without looking and grabbed a snake instead of an egg. Took one step back and I was 8' away. You wouldn't think that was possible for a man that's just over 6' tall, but I did it.
Very possible. I saw an old man from a squat jump over a pallet fence backwards so fast you couldn;t see him do it.

Bestoutwest":2dzgi5da said:
Craig Miller":2dzgi5da said:
That's what I said when me and the preacher and another guy went to move a coke machine one time. When we tipped it over and the weight hit us the preached slipped a word. The only thing I was thinking was brother you ain't the one holding the hand trucks

My dad has always said that if you want to hear the dirtiest jokes ask a preacher. Part of the reason I'm not a church going type of guy is that it's hard to find a preacher that is just a human and not some holier-than-thou type.
Yea, I'm sure it's especially hard to find a preacher like that without going to church. ;-)

M-5":1hqk2acz said:
Son of Butch":1hqk2acz said:
I only know men that lead with saying... "Wife and I"

Like , Wife and I screamed like little school girls because we saw a little rat snake????

In all honesty I can't really make any promises as to what I might say or how I might say it when surprised by a snakes. My response yesterday to seeing a snake raise up and move, that I thought was dead was very surprising, given that I had stepped around the tree almost right on it. I have a very early childhood memory of my parents moving baby black snakes out from underneath a tractor tire so they wouldn't kill them. Problem was I was standing behind them and ended up with them hitting me with them. Another time I stepped on a garter snake at my grandmother's house it was coming out from under her washing machine as I was walking by barefeeted. Once I know they are there then it doesn't bother me, and if I can kill the snake I will.

Was bushogging with a 2000 Ford and a 5 foot bush hog when I was younger pulled up to a limb pushed the clutch in and raised the limb up to go underneath and as soon as I let the clutch out I felt something squirm. I dumped the clutch and about ended up in the creek, went back and I just happen to reach up and grab a green snake, but I thought I was already dead.

wacocowboy":12zpffyl said:
Txpiney":12zpffyl said:

Got this little jewel crawling across the walk way in front of the porch 2 days ago.

That is a pretty corral looks pretty big too. How long was it? Those are my favorite snake native to North America.
It was at least 36" to38". Biggest one I've ever seen.

Ky hills":v548im1z said:
Once I know they are there then it doesn't bother me.

I'm the same way. If I see them from a distance they don't bother me, and we can go our separate ways. When I almost step on or grab them is when I get jumpy. I sure hate seeing them swim in the water too.

danl":ejgucahv said:
I spotted my most efficient mouse trap last night, first time this year.He's about six feet long now.
I knew it was around because the mice numbers went to nothing in a short time. Last winter I was blasting them with .22 bird shot.
Guess I could buy the black snake a fur coat...Could sew it one out of mice skins I guess.

I have a stall in the barn I keep a homemade feed trailer in, its a magnet for mice.

If you run short on hides contact jochephus .
He made his fortune by trapping mice while working three jobs.

A.J.":3m08oxln said:
Ky hills":3m08oxln said:
Once I know they are there then it doesn't bother me.

I'm the same way. If I see them from a distance they don't bother me, and we can go our separate ways. When I almost step on or grab them is when I get jumpy. I sure hate seeing them swim in the water too.

I hate grabbing a hold of them too, I throw whatever I was picking up down pretty quick. Some variety of little thin snake looks similar to old hay strings hate when that happens. I don't like seeing them swim either.

Txpiney":1n2ekfic said:
wacocowboy":1n2ekfic said:
Txpiney":1n2ekfic said:

Got this little jewel crawling across the walk way in front of the porch 2 days ago.

That is a pretty corral looks pretty big too. How long was it? Those are my favorite snake native to North America.

That is pretty darn big for one. Would be a good one for someone milking venom.

wacocowboy":2bnbpym0 said:
Txpiney":2bnbpym0 said:
wacocowboy":2bnbpym0 said:

One of the most interesting reptiles In North America. A member of the cobra group.

Bestoutwest":3m9adt13 said:
Craig Miller":3m9adt13 said:
That's what I said when me and the preacher and another guy went to move a coke machine one time. When we tipped it over and the weight hit us the preached slipped a word. The only thing I was thinking was brother you ain't the one holding the hand trucks

My dad has always said that if you want to hear the dirtiest jokes ask a preacher. Part of the reason I'm not a church going type of guy is that it's hard to find a preacher that is just a human and not some holier-than-thou type.
You don't go nor stay away because of the preacher. He'll let you down everytime. You go to worship !!!!!!

Bright Raven":24ji65t7 said:
wacocowboy":24ji65t7 said:
Txpiney":24ji65t7 said:

One of the most interesting reptiles In North America. A member of the cobra group.

Yeah it ain't like the other 3 venomous native to NA. Has a very potent venom but would be hard pressed to bite someone with its mouth size and location of its injectors. Plus it is very docile. First venomous snake I ever handled. Kinda sad to see such a nice big one dead. That would of been a great snake to see alive probably would be the biggest corral I have ever seen at 36-38.

danl":3am9bvn3 said:

A guy caught a chicken snake here at work a year or so ago, and I took it home and turned it loose in my barn. I never saw it again, but I didn't have any problems with mice in my feed last winter. They were terrible the two years before that.

TexasBred":3b4ao9ld said:
Bestoutwest":3b4ao9ld said:
Craig Miller":3b4ao9ld said:

You don't go nor stay away because of the preacher. He'll let you down everytime. You go to worship !!!!!!

:nod: Put your faith in people and they'll let you down every time.

Craig Miller":1a84co6d said:
TexasBred":1a84co6d said:
Bestoutwest":1a84co6d said:

:nod: Put your faith in people and they'll let you down every time.

Craig Miller, I have said that statement several times. Texasbred, I agree we go to worship, not just because someone else is or isn't there.

wacocowboy":130i1ayd said:
Bright Raven":130i1ayd said:
wacocowboy":130i1ayd said:

Yeah it ain't like the other 3 venomous native to NA. Has a very potent venom but would be hard pressed to bite someone with its mouth size and location of its injectors. Plus it is very docile. First venomous snake I ever handled. Kinda sad to see such a nice big one dead. That would of been a great snake to see alive probably would be the biggest corral I have ever seen at 36-38.

A large rattlesnake recently captured from the wild is difficult to handle. Copperheads are the same when wild. They become more lethargic after being in captivity. The fangs of a rattlesnake are very mobile. If you are not aware of their range of motion, you can make some serious mistakes on gripping the head. I stopped handling rattlesnakes because the risk is too great.

Bright Raven":3l0ujeje said:
wacocowboy":3l0ujeje said:
Bright Raven":3l0ujeje said:

A large rattlesnake recently captured from the wild is difficult to handle. Copperheads are the same when wild. They become more lethargic after being in captivity. The fangs of a rattlesnake are very mobile. If you are not aware of their range of motion, you can make some serious mistakes on gripping the head. I stopped handling rattlesnakes because the risk is too great.
The copperheads I've seen got really docile quickly.

Latest posts