Wild afternoon on the church grounds.

Help Support CattleToday:

I've been lucky to have a couple of good preachers along the way, but I've known a few bad ones, too. I sure don't see any reason to hang out with people on Sunday morning that wouldn't hang out with me on Sunday afternoon. We've had plenty of good Saturday night bible studies here in my shop over a few cold Busch Lights. Good preachers know that Jesus hung out with prostitutes, drunks, gamblers, and tax collectors for a reason......They needed him. I dated the preacher lady's daughter when my sister was killed. The preacher lady knew that a six pack would go a long way to get a 20 year old to open up a little. We lost another teen girl from the congregation the same year. She was raped and murdered. Town of maybe 300 and a church membership of maybe 100 with 50-60 really active members. The board fired her for spending too much time with our two families. She is still a big part of our family's life, and that's been 20 years ago. I suppose that's why I don't trust the church. Too many hypocrites for a brain as simple as mine. The two legged snakes in the front pew always worried me more than the slithering kind.

Farm Fence Solutions":axcmgfia said:
I've been lucky to have a couple of good preachers along the way, but I've known a few bad ones, too. I sure don't see any reason to hang out with people on Sunday morning that wouldn't hang out with me on Sunday afternoon. We've had plenty of good Saturday night bible studies here in my shop over a few cold Busch Lights. Good preachers know that Jesus hung out with prostitutes, drunks, gamblers, and tax collectors for a reason......They needed him. I dated the preacher lady's daughter when my sister was killed. The preacher lady knew that a six pack would go a long way to get a 20 year old to open up a little. We lost another teen girl from the congregation the same year. She was raped and murdered. Town of maybe 300 and a church membership of maybe 100 with 50-60 really active members. The board fired her for spending too much time with our two families. She is still a big part of our family's life, and that's been 20 years ago. I suppose that's why I don't trust the church. Too many hypocrites for a brain as simple as mine. The two legged snakes in the front pew always worried me more than the slithering kind.

Luke, if Adrian is right it doesn't matter.

I miss those college allnighters. We had some good "come to Jesus" bible studies as you call them over a good bottle of Kentucky's best. We covered everything from religion to tiddlywinks.

Ky hills":21o65wgr said:
Craig Miller":21o65wgr said:
TexasBred":21o65wgr said:
You don't go nor stay away because of the preacher. He'll let you down everytime. You go to worship !!!!!!

:nod: Put your faith in people and they'll let you down every time.

Craig Miller, I have said that statement several times. Texasbred, I agree we go to worship, not just because someone else is or isn't there.

I've been to a bunch of churches, and met many a pastor through work, and even went to Catholic School. My neighbor is a pastor, too. I've never met anyone though that just did things "right" except for an old Irish priest I go by the old saying "you'll know it when you see it." I'm looking, but haven't found.

Bestoutwest":2u0ixzbe said:
Ky hills":2u0ixzbe said:
Craig Miller":2u0ixzbe said:
:nod: Put your faith in people and they'll let you down every time.

Craig Miller, I have said that statement several times. Texasbred, I agree we go to worship, not just because someone else is or isn't there.

I've been to a bunch of churches, and met many a pastor through work, and even went to Catholic School. My neighbor is a pastor, too. I've never met anyone though that just did things "right" except for an old Irish priest I go by the old saying "you'll know it when you see it." I'm looking, but haven't found.

My grandfather was an evangelist. I have a deceased cousin who achieved a PhD in theology and preached right here in Maysville until he grew old and blind. On my dad's side, I have a first cousin who is a Franciscan. All were/are decent men with their gifts and their flaws.

Bright Raven":1mqghhay said:
wacocowboy":1mqghhay said:
Bright Raven":1mqghhay said:
One of the most interesting reptiles In North America. A member of the cobra group.

Yeah it ain't like the other 3 venomous native to NA. Has a very potent venom but would be hard pressed to bite someone with its mouth size and location of its injectors. Plus it is very docile. First venomous snake I ever handled. Kinda sad to see such a nice big one dead. That would of been a great snake to see alive probably would be the biggest corral I have ever seen at 36-38.

A large rattlesnake recently captured from the wild is difficult to handle. Copperheads are the same when wild. They become more lethargic after being in captivity. The fangs of a rattlesnake are very mobile. If you are not aware of their range of motion, you can make some serious mistakes on gripping the head. I stopped handling rattlesnakes because the risk is too great.

I seen a rattlesnakes fangs folded back and turn to the side and get a guy squeezing the head at a roundup I think that was on yourtube. I have watched a friend milk them and seen them go in odd directions.

wacocowboy":22kkz53u said:
Bright Raven":22kkz53u said:
wacocowboy":22kkz53u said:
Yeah it ain't like the other 3 venomous native to NA. Has a very potent venom but would be hard pressed to bite someone with its mouth size and location of its injectors. Plus it is very docile. First venomous snake I ever handled. Kinda sad to see such a nice big one dead. That would of been a great snake to see alive probably would be the biggest corral I have ever seen at 36-38.

A large rattlesnake recently captured from the wild is difficult to handle. Copperheads are the same when wild. They become more lethargic after being in captivity. The fangs of a rattlesnake are very mobile. If you are not aware of their range of motion, you can make some serious mistakes on gripping the head. I stopped handling rattlesnakes because the risk is too great.

I seen a rattlesnakes fangs folded back and turn to the side and get a guy squeezing the head at a roundup I think that was on yourtube. I have watched a friend milk them and seen them go in odd directions.

Add the fact that they have replacement fangs behind the main fang. It can get confusing.

Bright Raven":3glklof8 said:
wacocowboy":3glklof8 said:
Bright Raven":3glklof8 said:

Add the fact that they have replacement fangs behind the main fang. It can get confusing.

What is the last venomous snake you handled?

wacocowboy":1fqvjtxy said:
Bright Raven":1fqvjtxy said:
wacocowboy":1fqvjtxy said:

Copperhead.

My biggest thrill was in 1999. I became friends with a resident of Zimbabwe. While I was in Harare in 1999, he took me to a serpentarium near Harare. The collection was magnificent including a massive reticulated python. The centerpiece was the largest Gaboon Viper I have been able to document. Although it is not listed anywhere I could find, it was massive. The old black man who single handedly managed the facility, spoiled this specimen. The Gaboon Viper was as big around as loaf of bread.

BTW: the guy who took me had his own private collection of snakes that included a Gaboon Viper, black mamba, boomslang, forest cobra, and puff adder.

Bright Raven":2fbg7nyz said:
wacocowboy":2fbg7nyz said:
Bright Raven":2fbg7nyz said:

Copperhead.

My biggest thrill was in 1999. I became friends with a resident of Zimbabwe. While I was in Harare in 1999, he took me to a serpentarium near Harare. The collection was magnificent including a massive reticulated python. The centerpiece was the largest Gaboon Viper I have been able to document. Although it is not listed anywhere I could find, it was massive. The old black man who single handedly managed the facility, spoiled this specimen. The Gaboon Viper was as big around as loaf of bread.

BTW: the guy who took me had his own private collection of snakes that included a Gaboon Viper, black mamba, boomslang, forest cobra, and puff adder.

I have a bite scar from a baby copperhead.

Those are nice collections. Gaboon, Black Mamba and Monocled Cobra are my favorite. Gaboons do get big around and heavy. Only seen one in person but couldn't touch. Never seen a Boomslang in person. I'd also like to see a Brown. Baby Cobras are fun to watch they try to stand up and fall over.