Small game and the drought

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
Been noticing the rabbit's are gone I haven't seen a fox squirrel in the pasture for a few weeks.
I have been wondering if they have left for water or have persished due to thrist or became easy targets for the predators around what water is left.
I have been filling Rube's water bowl several times a day it is covered with bird's coming to drink every time you look.

ive noticed since the ponds dried up there is a variety of tracks around the water trough ..

Caustic Burno":20rmtpou said:
Been noticing the rabbit's are gone I haven't seen a fox squirrel in the pasture for a few weeks.
I have been wondering if they have left for water or have persished due to thrist or became easy targets for the predators around what water is left.
I have been filling Rube's water bowl several times a day it is covered with bird's coming to drink every time you look.
CB I can't even remember the last fox squirrel I saw. Use to have them everywhere in the post oaks. Have been seeing a doe and fawn at the tank every morning now for almost a week. Highway seems to be full of dead coons.

You could burn a shotgun barrel up on the doves coming into the stock tanks in the evening, you would think your in South Texas. Water has never been a draw for doves here as it was everywhere. Have actually seen some whitewing that's a first. Never seen whitewing here before.

Latest posts