SLAUGTHER INFO

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I'm new to the board but since i have read everything here i feel like know you all.

I'm planning to build and run a feedlot located in north florida. However i dont know any slaugther house or packing facility in north Florida or Georgia. If any of you have information, i'll appreciate it a lot.

There certainly are enough cows in Florida and Georgia to provide you with calves. I think you are going to have to haul them a LONG way though. Here is an article on finishing cattle in North Carolina....
http://beef-mag.com/mag/beef_north_caro ... index.html
Of course he is getting half his calves from Greg Brown (a legend in the NC hog industry) too!

There is an old man who has been finishing cattle (many of them his own) in Lee County, AL (I think) for years and years. Of course he had been supplying them to John Morrell in Montgomery before they went bellyup; but he has continued and claims he is still making money even though the fat cattle have to ride all the way to ~Kansas. I am completely unable to remember his name tonight though. His operation is NOT your typical feedlot. He rotates his cattle so they aren't on bare ground (which would become muck much of the time here).

Latest posts