Sky's 2014 Season so far

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Well this year our deer population is WAY WAY down as is the deer from Dogs and Cows area he warned me of the problem and I talked to some local officials who confirmed we have same problem where deer go to water and are found dead in multiple numbers. I have not seen the numbers I normally see but lets just say I have been having some fun in which I cant post all pics now maybe later ;-) depending on how the season goes. I killed this one im posting 2 days ago and my kids were happy jumping up and down saying YAY more jerky :lol2:

IMG_20141110_192319_894_zpsc88c9c81.jpg

If 90% of your deer died you would still have more than you need. In a dry hot year like you had mother nature takes care of the overpopulation.

kenny thomas":2mdm5pxb said:
If 90% of your deer died you would still have more than you need. In a dry hot year like you had mother nature takes care of the overpopulation.

I cant argue with you about that. I wonder if this weekend though we will have problems jumping deer. I checked my cams no deer anywhere for the last 3 days.

If the acorn crop there is like here all they have to do is stand up, eat, and lay back down. Only time they move is to go to water. Too many acorns for them to move much.

kenny thomas":28eg5n8c said:
If the acorn crop there is like here all they have to do is stand up, eat, and lay back down. Only time they move is to go to water. Too many acorns for them to move much.

Earlier this year I searched and searched for acorns forming on trees and nothing... Now you go in the woods riding a 4 wheeler sounds like you are riding on gravel with all those acorns :lol2: This has been a very strange year. You are exactly right about that though. I mean those acorns up here are huge too. Do you hunt deer anymore K.T.?

kenny thomas":7vzr02sd said:
I see it every year there's alot of acorns

trappersteve":nlj86wqw said:
kenny thomas":nlj86wqw said:

That stinks for me I only have 1 stand in the woods everything else is on a field :lol2: I may need you to set some traps in the woods to catch me a few more deer ;-)

skyhightree1":3jc0z6ke said:
trappersteve":3jc0z6ke said:
kenny thomas":3jc0z6ke said:

That stinks for me I only have 1 stand in the woods everything else is on a field :lol2: I may need you to set some traps in the woods to catch me a few more deer ;-)
Sky you gonna have to get outta the truck and find you some oak trees. :deadhorse: ;-)

skyhightree1":3f6x7zgh said:
kenny thomas":3f6x7zgh said:

Earlier this year I searched and searched for acorns forming on trees and nothing... Now you go in the woods riding a 4 wheeler sounds like you are riding on gravel with all those acorns :lol2: This has been a very strange year. You are exactly right about that though. I mean those acorns up here are huge too. Do you hunt deer anymore K.T.?[/quote]
Heck yes, every night until my light gets dim. Oh, you mean that legal way. Heck no, too much work for that.

kenny thomas":3455lf4u said:
skyhightree1":3455lf4u said:
kenny thomas":3455lf4u said:

Earlier this year I searched and searched for acorns forming on trees and nothing... Now you go in the woods riding a 4 wheeler sounds like you are riding on gravel with all those acorns :lol2: This has been a very strange year. You are exactly right about that though. I mean those acorns up here are huge too. Do you hunt deer anymore K.T.?[/quote]
Heck yes, every night until my light gets dim. Oh, you mean that legal way. Heck no, too much work for that.

:lol2: :lol2:

skyhightree1":3a86gtwf said:
trappersteve":3a86gtwf said:
[Sky you gonna have to get outta the truck and find you some oak trees. :deadhorse: ;-)

no way :lol:
Thats why he has the dogs, they go into the thick stuff and run the big bucks out. I have heard a good deer dog will only run a buck.

kenny thomas":3f2c91qh said:
skyhightree1":3f2c91qh said:
trappersteve":3f2c91qh said:
[Sky you gonna have to get outta the truck and find you some oak trees. :deadhorse: ;-)

no way :lol:
Thats why he has the dogs, they go into the thick stuff and run the big bucks out. I have heard a good deer dog will only run a buck.

LOL I only have one good deer dog cause generally when he splits off its always a buck hes running lol Here we have so many does they run out in herds of 10 or more well that's how it was I will let you know how it goes Saturday. Someone at the feed store said someone found 9 deer by a swamp dead. If we can't jump anything Saturday we know deer population is sick.

Latest posts