SIZE OF TRACTOR

Help Support CattleToday:

oh it will pull it but lugg the tractor down bad an she will smoke like the devil but it is best to pull with an 85 hp b/c it wont strain the tractor scott

bigbull338":6n48abdx said:
oh it will pull it but lugg the tractor down bad an she will smoke like the devil but it is best to pull with an 85 hp b/c it wont strain the tractor scott

Listen to bigbull Dingram! I don't know the specs on your baler but bigbull has it right. An underated tractor will get killed by pulling equipment too large for it.

I am pulling a 504 Super I with a 5600 Ford (62HP). It does good on level ground , but on hills it just don't have enough power. I would like to have 85HP to bale with.

yrs ago when the chain an belt round balers came out we pulled an 851 nh baler with with a 70 horse ford 6000 an it would make the tractor smoke baling all day long scott

GLAD TO BE A MEMBER HERE, I JUST TRADED MY CLAAS FOR A VERMEER ROUND BALER. I BOUGHT THE 604 M LOADED WITH BIG TIRES AND ALL, WHILE SETTING IT UP TODAY I NOTICED THE GAUGE WHEELS WERE DIFFERENT AS FAR AS THE SETTING ON EACH SIDE. WHEN I HAD THE BALER ON LEVEL GROUND TO SET WHEELS, THE RIGHT GAUGE WHEEL BOLT WAS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SLOT AND THE LEFT GAUGE WHEEL BOLT WAS AN INCH HIGHER, BUT BOTH WHEELS WERE TOUCHING THE GROUND. MY QUESTION IS DOES ANYONE ELSE OWN THE NEW 604, SO WE CAN COMPAPARE AND SECOND I AM JUST WONDERING IF SOMETHING ELSE MIGHT BE OUT OF ADJUSTMENT, WHICH MIGHT CAUSE PREMATURE WEAR OF BEARINGS, ETC. YES I KNOW TO CALL THE DEALER BUT, I KNOW HE WILL TELL ME DOESNT MATTER, RUN IT.[/url]

DINGRAM":2rqw5kgw said:
BAILING HAY WITH A 604F BAILER WILL A 65 HP WORK

DINGRAM,I dont know what your baler or tractor weigh but,chances are good your baler is as heavy as your tractor,add the fact you will have a 1000# bale in it,then add the fact you are turning this bale as you pull,even on level ground you are asking too much of the tractor,add a hill and you get the picture,I have a chore tractor TN75 that will round bale in a pinch,but would'nt use it to bale regularly.............good luck

Latest posts