Sitz resilient bull

Help Support CattleToday:

I have used him the last three years. Females are good cows. Bulls sired some nice calves, but got crippled or I would have a coming three herd bull. Docility EPD is not good, but mine have been gentle and easy going cattle, especially the females. Traits otherwise match the EPDs. Haven't found a reason to use a son AI.

We bought a son this year out of a power cow and Resilient. I know his feet epds are what's special about him. This bull was growthy on minimal cooler feed products. He acts ok. I can do whatever to him while he's eating feed but he is a head slinger while carrying the bucket to get things up. Docility numbers were lower on him like Resilient but he's not ill. Won't have calves until next spring but just trying to see what we should expect. Some previous bulls with good epds didn't really turn out what we liked but they were diff breeds as well.

We bought a son this year out of a power cow and Resilient. I know his feet epds are what's special about him. This bull was growthy on minimal cooler feed products. He acts ok. I can do whatever to him while he's eating feed but he is a head slinger while carrying the bucket to get things up. Docility numbers were lower on him like Resilient but he's not ill. Won't have calves until next spring but just trying to see what we should expect. Some previous bulls with good epds didn't really turn out what we liked but they were diff breeds as well.
The weaning weights have been good. Bull calf sons have usually been over 700# and more like 750# on hard grass. Heifer calves generally weaned off at 600#+. These are 205-day adjusted because on drought years I will wean at 5.5 months and good years at 7 months. I like him because his calves consistently PAP well at high elevation and carcass scans are pretty good.