Sires for Fall 2015 breeding season

Help Support CattleToday:

cotton1":33g067z7 said:
Those first two are just sooo impressive! How line bred are they if any, and how about breeding the daughters off the second one to the first one, and vise versa? Im a Char breeder so I dont know the Hereford blood lines, but those two are making me want to create some F1s. I ask about the line breeding because I am doing more of it in my herd,and have done a little father daughter this year. It seems the Hereford breed is way ahead of anybody in that catagory when I study line breeding.I would think those first two bulls concentrated would be excellent, like they are. Easy keeping genetics are valuable, I didnt know there was a fescue test.Thanks for those pictures, thats a great looking set of bulls!

I would breed 035 right back to his daughters then use a half sib bull on those heifers. Would b interesting.

cotton1":13buz70x said:
Those first two are just sooo impressive! How line bred are they if any, and how about breeding the daughters off the second one to the first one, and vise versa? Im a Char breeder so I dont know the Hereford blood lines, but those two are making me want to create some F1s. I ask about the line breeding because I am doing more of it in my herd,and have done a little father daughter this year. It seems the Hereford breed is way ahead of anybody in that catagory when I study line breeding.I would think those first two bulls concentrated would be excellent, like they are. Easy keeping genetics are valuable, I didnt know there was a fescue test.Thanks for those pictures, thats a great looking set of bulls!

cotton1,
I have attached pedigree links to both bulls. the sire of 960 (418) and the sire of 035 (475) were full blood brothers, meaning that they had identical pedigrees with the only difference being their maternal granddams R322 and R329 who were full sisters from a flush.
Both bulls are doing a tremendous job producing great uddered females. I will be crossing an 035 son on some 960 daughters.
Will be collecting 035 and 960 next week.

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5E515927

http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=5E51585F

Hey thanks for the added pics and info. I enjoyed checking out the pedigrees. It is nice to see somebody using a breeding plan. That is where I want to get with my herd one day. You guys have a few EPDs I wish we had, really all should have-mainly thinking of the mature size EPD. I am trying to breed for frame 6 cattle now, which will be a reduction in frame and weight for me. Those girls have some nice udders. The pictures make me like the 035 just a bit more. That yearling son looks to be a chip off the old block! These pictures reminded me of a time when Hereford cattle were everywhere around here, before the black hide craze. I saw some good and some bad back then , but nothing like yours. Probably none of those old cows were registered just a bull now and then. I always liked that dark red. I had a registered cow that was nice before we decided to leave comm, and start the Char herd. Her name was Victoria I think. I will find her paper and maybe you can tell me about her pedigree. I thought she should have been a donor somewhere. She was a 1800 lb cow with that dark, dark red. A real cow too. She brought one up every time no matter what we bred her to that was heavy and straight.Thanks again

Latest posts