Simple Assault!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hi :)

Went to the court house today and was told it may take a few more weeks before I hear anything. Its o.k. it will give me a little more time to get my ducks in a row.

I asked my son if anyone has found out it was his mom in the parking lot? He said two boys on Friday confronted him and he was able to get the boys to talk about something else. He nows this may get bigger than all of us soon and does not want to bring any attention towards himself. I told him I would drop the law suit and he said, "why? Don't mom, if you do that then he will only do it to someone else." I asked if he was embarrassed how I acted that day? My son gave me a big hug and said, "gosh mom, any other mom would have died of a heart attack, I'm just glad you came out of it alive."

I haven't tried to involve the media or anything because I figure if it goes to court (because he pleads innocent) then the whole town will now soon enough. You got to remember that any media attention will only cause more harm and too much attention towards my children.

We are aware we may have to find my son a new school and will do so if needed. Right now we are just trying to get ready for the big bang if it happens.

Again I thank all who responded to this post, It really amazed my two older kids that so many people would take the time to help us. They think its cool to see the responses everyone has posted.

So many emotions have past through all our minds in the past few week. A lot of what people wrote in has been the topic of many conversations in our household. I can see my kids finally making sense out of everything. They were puzzled that anyone could do this to their mom and had a hard time understanding that people can be so cruel.

One of the big questions the kids had is, why us? All I could say is , I don't now, but give it some time and we will eventually find out. The principal will have to respond to our complaint and then all our questions will be answered.

Thanks again and we will keep you posted.

show steer up":2tghgfu0 said:

Went to the court house today and was told it may take a few more weeks before I hear anything. Its o.k. it will give me a little more time to get my ducks in a row.

I asked my son if anyone has found out it was his mom in the parking lot? He said two boys on Friday confronted him and he was able to get the boys to talk about something else. He nows this may get bigger than all of us soon and does not want to bring any attention towards himself. I told him I would drop the law suit and he said, "why? Don't mom, if you do that then he will only do it to someone else." I asked if he was embarrassed how I acted that day? My son gave me a big hug and said, "gosh mom, any other mom would have died of a heart attack, I'm just glad you came out of it alive."

I haven't tried to involve the media or anything because I figure if it goes to court (because he pleads innocent) then the whole town will now soon enough. You got to remember that any media attention will only cause more harm and too much attention towards my children.

We are aware we may have to find my son a new school and will do so if needed. Right now we are just trying to get ready for the big bang if it happens.

Again I thank all who responded to this post, It really amazed my two older kids that so many people would take the time to help us. They think its cool to see the responses everyone has posted.

So many emotions have past through all our minds in the past few week. A lot of what people wrote in has been the topic of many conversations in our household. I can see my kids finally making sense out of everything. They were puzzled that anyone could do this to their mom and had a hard time understanding that people can be so cruel.

One of the big questions the kids had is, why us? All I could say is , I don't now, but give it some time and we will eventually find out. The principal will have to respond to our complaint and then all our questions will be answered.

Thanks again and we will keep you posted.

Time to say hummmmm? they best way to ruin a good story is to hear the other side.

JMO,
Alan

show steer up":wj600kqd said:

I think a better response may have been something along the way of ......

Sometimes bad things happen to good people.
Sometimes good things happen to bad folks.
Sometimes everyone gets their just reward on earth.
We won't understand until we live with the Lord.

I know I never will understand till then anyway.

I hope you the best in this.

TNMasterBeefProducer":2zl05xay said:
It is his word against yours. More than likely you are going to lose. Especially if he can get teachers to back up his story. Were there any witnesses to this other than your children? If not the judge will rule in his favor and you will be screwed. The judge will think that the kids testimony was rehearsed by you and you wont win. You can try it and I wish you the best of luck. I have a concealed permit and would have shot him dead like most of the other folks on here when he came through the window but that is just me.

I agree with TNMaster. Since you are on a cattle board I assume you live in a small town or near one. Have you and your family been in the area for generations? Are you new, i.e., less than two generations? How long has the principal been at the school, Did he attend the school and play on the football team the year they won state?

Just things to think about.

show steer up":3k6rygxx said:

Went to the court house today and was told it may take a few more weeks before I hear anything. Its o.k. it will give me a little more time to get my ducks in a row...

...Right now we are just trying to get ready for the big bang if it happens.
Why do you need to get your ducks in a row? That will make it easier to mow them down! JMO, you need to spend more time getting ready for that big bang. Just a gut feeling, but I suspect it's coming!

Had to pull my son from a school that could not control a bully, another student.
Do look at different schools. If you plan to transfer him make the other school aware of what happened. They might already know, but it's best to be open about it.
Did you ever watch John Stossels report on teachers union? It is the hardest thing in the world to fire a teacher even a child molester who is a teacher.
If the bang does come stand tall and fire back.

I luv herfrds":1tlb8tlf said:
Had to pull my son from a school that could not control a bully, another student.
Do look at different schools. If you plan to transfer him make the other school aware of what happened. They might already know, but it's best to be open about it.
Did you ever watch John Stossels report on teachers union? It is the hardest thing in the world to fire a teacher even a child molester who is a teacher.
If the bang does come stand tall and fire back.

one wiff of a child molester in our schools and the teacher is suspended before any trial takes place, talked to a few of my Teacher friends, and they said 'if the Head acted like that here he/she would be at home trying to find away out of this mess, and hopeing to get their job back, suspension for quite a long time'. The schools cover themselves here by sending out a letter with every child at the begining of the school year, as to where to pick up the children from, and where it is safe to park, but they are encouraged to walk to school as most all the children live within walking distance from the school they attend.

show steer up":1ap85ejv said:

Went to the court house today and was told it may take a few more weeks before I hear anything...

...Thanks again and we will keep you posted.

Anything new? Stuff like this usually makes national news when things are slow, but I haven't heard or read anything. Just curious.

fit2btied":1oyglgbz said:
show steer up":1oyglgbz said:

Went to the court house today and was told it may take a few more weeks before I hear anything...

...Thanks again and we will keep you posted.

Anything new? Stuff like this usually makes national news when things are slow, but I haven't heard or read anything. Just curious.

Hi :lol:
The trial date was set for Dec. 12 and a public defender picked up the case and will help the kids and I :D

:mad:

How frightening for you and your kids !

I wouldn't have shot him, because I don't have a gun in the car. However, my dog loves to ride in the car and usually goes to pick up my son from school. That principal would have had to kill the dog or she'd have backed in him a corner somewhere and held him and is quite willing to use her teeth if necessary. There wouldn't have been a thing I could have done to stop her in a incident like that, nor would I have wanted to.

Of course there are two sides to every story, but I cannot imagine what kind of justification even the best liar could come up with to justify terrorizing you and 3 small children. Especially a man who by virtue of his profession needs to be able to handle situations with diplomacy and works with children on a daily basis. His ass is history....

Court is scary and people will try hard to convince you it really wasn't the way it was. Don't let anyone convince you of that. Your experience was very real to you and to your children. Don't let them convince you otherwise. Do yourself and your community a favor and stick by your guns. You don't need to settle either. You don't need to pay a lawyer, who will only drag it out with a bezillion depositions, etc. If the principal wants depositions let his lawyers do it and he can pay for it. Why should a person have to PAY for asking not to be terrorized ? Just go in and tell the truth, simply that, and most of all BE CONSISTENT each and every time. That should be enough.

He has no business being a school principal.

Good luck!

Yeah, let us know how that whole thing goes. I think they should can his a$$ and I would be willing to bet that he's been in this kink of situation before. They usually just go on down the line to some other school.

Lets hope this time he is canned for good and struck off of being a Principle/Teacher anywhere else again. I showed the e-mail to my daughter who is a Teacher and she was appalled by it. And said he needs removing from working with children altogether, in his job he is supposed to keep his cool no matter what the situation is.

Anyway hope all goes well for you on the 12th, let us know when you can. Take care.....Chris.

For all of you that are screaming about having a CWL and what you would have done then i suggest you give up your license! Carrying a weapon on school property is a felony even if you have a PERMIT.
Thus even though you felt threatened you would be in direct violation of the law and not have a legal right to be carrying a gun and could and should be charged with homicide if you killed the person, and the persons family would have a field day taking you to court!!!
The only exception is if you are a member of law enforcement!
The license you CLAIM to have does not give you the right to shoot anyone just because you carry a piece of paper.
Not all states laws are the same, but in the state that i live in the right to carry can be superseded by a mere sign posted in plain sight at the entrance to the store that WEAPONS NOT ALLOWED if you do carry into said store you are in violation of the stores policy and can be charged and your permit can be revoked.

Go back to the laws and regulations issued when you took the class to become licensed and READ and UNDERSTAND the laws regarding CWL.
You guys that do not know the law and are carrying scare me more than a criminal!
:mad:

pappy1":qztn92l5 said:
Carrying a weapon on school property is a felony even if you have a PERMIT.
Thus even though you felt threatened you would be in direct violation of the law and not have a legal right to be carrying a gun and could and should be charged with homicide if you killed the person,

So it is better to let someone kill you than be in violation of the law and you should be charged with homicide if you don't let them kill you. :shock:

I'm going to have to think on that. :roll:

Ryder":3tv5pxiv said:
pappy1":3tv5pxiv said:
Carrying a weapon on school property is a felony even if you have a PERMIT.
Thus even though you felt threatened you would be in direct violation of the law and not have a legal right to be carrying a gun and could and should be charged with homicide if you killed the person,

So it is better to let someone kill you than be in violation of the law and you should be charged with homicide if you don't let them kill you. :shock:

I'm going to have to think on that. :roll:

Kind of goes to "I;ld rather be tried by 12 then carried by 6"

show steer up":1es263og said:
The trial date was set for Dec. 12 and a public defender picked up the case and will help the kids and I :D

Why would you or your children need a public defender? Didn't you file the assault charges?

MistyMorning":3qtr07hu said:
show steer up":3qtr07hu said:

Why would you or your children need a public defender? Didn't you file the assault charges?

Maybe she meant District Attorney.

Lammie":1iucz1qn said:
MistyMorning":1iucz1qn said:
show steer up":1iucz1qn said:

Maybe she meant District Attorney.

Your probably right Lammie.

TNMasterBeefProducer":1xj0l8vq said:
It is his word against yours. More than likely you are going to lose. Especially if he can get teachers to back up his story. Were there any witnesses to this other than your children? If not the judge will rule in his favor and you will be screwed. The judge will think that the kids testimony was rehearsed by you and you wont win. You can try it and I wish you the best of luck. I have a concealed permit and would have shot him dead like most of the other folks on here when he came through the window but that is just me.

That kind of statement is why too many rapes and assaults go unreported!!!!!
Any judge and intelligent investigator can tell within 5 minutes if a person/child teen has been coached, MR TNMASTERBEEFPRODUCER when you have the intelligent facts to substantiate your claim then yo have the right to make statements like that until then you are only adding to the possibility of a crime been committed and telling the victim to forget it because no one will believe her!!
SHAME ON YOU!

Latest posts