Simple Assault!

Help Support CattleToday:

Hay everyone
Thanks for being concerned about my son and his neck. He is doing great and healing fine, back to school and off all meds.

The verdict..........not guilty. :(

The judge looked the principal right in the eyes and said. I am going to rule not guilty because and only because it is not clear how far your body was inside the defendant's car. The law states that without a doubt there has to be clear intent that you intended to assault her. Since that is not clear to me that this was your intent, I have to rule this way according to the law and the way it is writen, and thats the only reason.
At this time the principal laughed and the judge stood up, gave him the most intense glare and said this trial is over.......court agerned sp?. My attorney said under his breath oooooooo.k. that was interesting.

I have mixed emotions about the trial. Im mad that he didn't get the guilty verdict but at the same time all of his superior's were in the court room and from the looks on their faces they were not pleased with his actions.

While the kids were on the stand he would laugh at them. One time was when my son was telling the judge how the principal sprinted from behinde the car and then slapped his hands on the hood. The principal laughed and the judge gave him a horrible look. He did this on several occasions during the kids testimony. The kids said it made them upset and mad that he could do this and the judge only cought him once. It was like putting salt in our wounds, it sucked.

Well I guess you have to do a hell of a lot to someone before you even get your hand slapped.

There still is the matter of the broken window and the cost of fixing it. We could not ask for him to pay for the window because this case was for the assault only. I would have to take him to small clames court for that. Im not sure if I should just lick my wounds and call it good or go after him for that.

I do want to thank everyone for their support and words of wisdome. All posts both pos. and neg. gave us the support and help we needed to try this case.

Thanks form all of us :heart:

SSU, that blows! I bet contract doesn't get renewed. He won't be around next school year.

Sue him in civil court. There is probably a more lenient standard of proof. I'm for real. I bet you could get a lawyer to take it for the publicity. He has insurance for this sort of thing for the school. It won't go to trial. Sue him in civil court. I would in a heartbeat.

I'd forget about the window...but I would make it my mission in life to keep him on notice that this is one time I would not forgive, or forget.

Alice

sorry for the out come but as you say teachers pull rank and no one will go against the Principle unless it is them personally involved. as you know same in the medical profession, I suppose in all professions. Go for it for the window Don't let this jerk get away with it.

You know I really felt the judge wanted to fry him, I really do. I just don't understand what you would have to prove more than what we did.
You are supose to be in fear of your life for a conviction. the big factor was how far was he in the vehicle. All of my family said he was in the car from the waist up, the guy in the blue car ahead of us said from his view poin, (looking from his rear view mirror) all he could see was his head and part of his shoulder's. I think this made the judge think he wasnt as much of a threat to my life because of this or she did not like the fact that the storys were diffrent.
I look at it this way, why is any part of his body in the car.

Does anyone have an Idea why this would be such a big deal. Should I have felt less of a threat?
We were scard for our life when he was hitting and pulling himself onto the hood, she believed that. why is being in the window up to his shoulders vs his waist such a big deal. You know one thing they are both inside the car, and didn't change his additude any.

Sorry for typing forever, its just been on my minde and I can't see past my feelings. Please give me your opinion, pos. or neg. would help.

I know you were not there but this was her only reason for letting him off.

Criminal Justice System = Justice for Criminals.

Let it go SSU, its over. It is a hard, hard thing, I know.

The resentment at its outcome poisons only you, and you are punished still and again.

angie2":1leezsa1 said:

The resentment at its outcome poisons only you, and you are punished still and again.

Thanks, I feel better :D

Lammie":2vfc3wat said:
SSU, that blows! I bet contract doesn't get renewed. He won't be around next school year.

Sue him in civil court. There is probably a more lenient standard of proof. I'm for real. I bet you could get a lawyer to take it for the publicity. He has insurance for this sort of thing for the school. It won't go to trial. Sue him in civil court. I would in a heartbeat.

One thing can't afford it and the most important thing,I will never give that jerk the chance to laugh at my children again. One more laugh and it would be curtins for him and my kids would have no mom.This time I would end up in jail.

show steer up":1syl2ae2 said:
angie2":1syl2ae2 said:

Thanks, I feel better :D
not a problem ;-)

sorry this turned out this way. Got a feeling the school division will we watching him closely.
But, you gotta know, it's gonna come back and bite him in the butt someday. May take a while, but what goes, comes back twice as hard.
What's that verse, "Vengence is Mine sayth the Lord".
Release the frustration, and the pain and the anguish. It will only hurt you in the long run. He'll get his...soon enough...

Been reading this from the start, and am very disappointed in the outcome. I guess the only thing to take from this experience is to be ready for next time. With this jerk, there may be a next time. A short bat, a piece of pipe between the front seats, and ......, the outcome would be a lot different. Don't have to worry about gun laws that way.

6M Ranch":fr99pgle said:
Been reading this from the start, and am very disappointed in the outcome. I guess the only thing to take from this experience is to be ready for next time. With this jerk, there may be a next time. A short bat, a piece of pipe between the front seats, and ......, the outcome would be a lot different. Don't have to worry about gun laws that way.

Excellent advice.
Or one of those stun guns.
It is everyone's duty to protect themselves so far as possible. Realizing it is not always practically possible.

take a camera or phone that takes photo's and if there is a next time with you or anyone else take a few snaps, that will show what he is like. Although I can see it being a long time as he will be towing the line for a while, if he has any sence...Don't let it bug you to much or else he has won again, take a few deep breaths and put it down to one of lifes experiances, as you and the kids know what a complete jerk this guy is, and one day something like this will come back and bite him on the bum.

show steer up":dsm9me31 said:
Lammie":dsm9me31 said:

One thing can't afford it and the most important thing,I will never give that jerk the chance to laugh at my children again. One more laugh and it would be curtins for him and my kids would have no mom.This time I would end up in jail.

What an a$$hole! He's lost any credibility he's ever had. I can't believe that. What an a$$hole!

Regardless, you hold your head up high and go about your business. Let him look at you or your kids sideways and you go get him again. He's under scrutiny now. You know half the people in that town want him to hang.

Lammie":3n6wfqdm said:
You know half the people in that town want him to hang.
Why would they? It wasn't publicized. Some may find out now, after-the-fact, but most will probably never know. Now that he's been found not guilty would probably not be a real good time to start spreading stuff around - he would most likely file and win his counter-suit. I still contend the 911 call should have been from the parking lot immediately. As soon as I got home the next calls would have been to an attorney and then the news media. Sorry it worked out this way for you, but I'm not the least bit surprised. :(

fit2btied":3emtwx9t said:
Lammie":3emtwx9t said:
You know half the people in that town want him to hang.
Why would they? It wasn't publicized. Some may find out now, after-the-fact, but most will probably never know. Now that he's been found not guilty would probably not be a real good time to start spreading stuff around - he would most likely file and win his counter-suit. I still contend the 911 call should have been from the parking lot immediately. As soon as I got home the next calls would have been to an attorney and then the news media. Sorry it worked out this way for you, but I'm not the least bit surprised. :(
I had no cell phone, wish I did at the time. 911 would have been called while he was irate.

Well, one thing I've learned from all of this. If anyone ever tries coming thru my car window, I'm gonna pull him the rest of the way in and let him explain what he's doing there.

Alice

Alice":oi0y1zhx said:
Well, one thing I've learned from all of this. If anyone ever tries coming thru my car window, I'm gonna pull him the rest of the way in and let him explain what he's doing there.

Alice
yep, I thought the same thing. Ive heard if someone tries to break into your house and you shoot them. Make sure there inside your house. Same goes for cars!

Alice":re4p7t8n said:

Alice

I can just see you doing that too-good one!

Gail

Latest posts