Simbrah Heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

TheBullLady

Reaction score
I finally had a chance to take pictures of three Simbrah heifers (actually percentage.. they are 1/2 x 1/2's) I'm going to see if I can sell. Let me know what you think! They are 10 - 12 months of age.

DSC00495.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

From the pictures it looks like they are good footed. I would personally prefer to see a bit more set to their rear legs. I think they have adequate rib for their age. Tough from the pictures to see muscle shape/pattern, but for momma cows they should be alright.

BullLady,
Back in the late '80s, we ran a F1 SimmentalXBrahman bull on our commercial herd back home in south Alabama - blacks & black baldies, a few old high% Herefords; that cross made some of the best calves - and mama cows - we ever had on the place.
Those Simbrah-cross cows convinced me to use Simmental bulls on Angus-based commercial cows when I got back into the business after college.
No need for me to have ANY ear on my cows up here in the frigid northland(KY), but I still look kinda longingly at the Simbrah and Red Brangus bulls I see in the semen catalogs.
I like Bloodhounds and Nubian goats, too. 8>)

Latest posts